View Single Post
Old 21-04-2024, 11:16 AM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

Hi Ivo,

Any chance that in the future APT might be able to link to SharpCap Pro - to use its Smart Histogram function to calculate recommended exposure time and gain settings for ones camera, filters and OTA / sky conditions?

I am on a bit of a hunt to figure out the best allocation of time and gain per filter to allocate to my imaging targets - and I came across a youtube video showing how this program implements Dr Robin Glover's algorithm - so I thought I will give it a try with my gear after watching a few Youtube videos.

https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/...mart-histogram

Thought it might be a decent addition to the programs APT can already link to - if one is editing a plan for a target and one can measure their sky brighteness and per filter for your gear a program can tell you the best gain and exposure length for ones exact conditions - that would be a real bonus.

Worth a look maybe - it could be from APT's imaging plan set up one just punches out to SharpCap Pro to run the measurements then import the gain and duration settings per filter into your plan editor...