Thread: Chichen attempt
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2024, 03:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Alex,
Just a side note , since using my Mono 2600MM ( Sept 2023 ) I’ve switched to using ASTAP for stacking instead of DSS.
On a number of occasions I’ve stacked the same data using both DSS and ASTAP , and I can confirm that ASTAP has produced better , cleaner , lower noise results than DSS. I haven’t used ASTAP to stack OSC from the 2600MC yet but I’m sure it too will be better.
I have used ASTAP for analysing my lights ( fts files ) since 2020 when I first bought my 2600MC but never stacked using ASTAP until Sept 2023. I was pleasantly surprised how good it is , particularly with Mono filtered data files, so much easier than DSS and a much better outcome.

Startools accepts ASTAP stacked data sets both OSC and Mono
See attached link below …
https://www.startools.org/links--tut...astap-settings

I can also provide info on using ASTAP

Cheers
Martin
That is very interesting Martin.

I do have Astro Pixel Processor which enjoyed very good reviews.
I have not used it for a project.
It has rather good star reduction capabilities aparently.

I need to start a new project really ...I gathered some data via the Askar on Eta which looks rather decent but I did not dither. I will start again and make sure I have ticked all the boxes...

Nevertheless I am very happy to be "playing around".
I start Chemo next week so not sure how that will leave me but I have found even playing around and managing all the trouble shooting has been very good for my attitude...

Thanks for all your input. I really do benefit from your help and appreciate it greatly.

I was in the observatory last night and for the first time it hit me just how much I have done there to make it work. I am only running three piers and have decommisioned the fourth but that gave me some floor space that I have carpeted and set up a nice big comfortable chair which works much better than squeezing between four rigs.

alex