View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 01:34 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

That looks neat!
I'm not sure whether the laser diodes themselves cut plastics or engrave them well, I know they are good on glass.

That's why I went with the CO2 unit, only a 50 watt unit to start because it was affordable. I've purchased a power supply capable of powering a 100 watt laser should I decide to upgrade in the future if I need more power.
My son suggested the same bed for my plasma cutter, CNC controlled but the plasma cutter creates a lot of splatter, I don't think I'd want it where mirrors and other optics are. I'll figure it out later, I don't use it much and am happy to hand cut when I do. I do need a set of guide rollers for the plasma though, my free hand is not what it used to be.

I like the Arduino, I don't play with them but my son has spent many hours with them and has several. I have a new Raspberry Pi 4 here I don't use, hopefully my son will. I get confused, I studied PLC's and am familiar with ladder logic and control but writing libraries escapes my abilities. Though PLC's are far out of my price range just to play, the little PIC's are a huge advancement for home users and cost efficient in comparison.