View Single Post
Old 23-03-2024, 07:49 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

This is a BIG rabbit hole I'm finding.
I'm trying to figure out mirror diameters, lens thicknesses/profiles WOW.
If only I'd bothered learning to read when I was a kid, probably too late nearing mid 60s I guess......

To the mention of decent power supplies and Meanwell units, I have this beautiful Meanwell 24 volt 21A power supply I'd purchased from RS online when I grabbed one or two 12 volt units for other peoples equipment, fixing one friends (sort of/was) business security system, wiring up a massive supply for Christmas lighting at another former associates house. I had no need for the 12 volt units at the time but grabbed a bargain 24V unit for later use, then around $150 odd. Now the same 24V power supply on RS components is $470+
I have no idea what happened.

BUT, searching for suitable stepper motors for this project and another of my sons projects we came across Stepperonline on AliExpress.
We liked this particular seller because every stepper has a torque curve graph. Now we've gone to their own site where it's cheaper for me to purchase 3 NEMA 17 steppers with controllers (once I make up my mind) and found they have a HUGE range of not only stepper motors but also a lot of related equipment including the Meanwell power supplies.

Their prices are AMAZING and I'd strongly recommend anyone chasing a particular power supply to check their prices first.

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/sw...g-power-supply

Absolutely no affiliation but prices like these I've not seen in Aus anywhere for some time.
Pity they aren't called laseronline, I'd get that power supply too (they don't carry laser power supplies)....