View Single Post
Old 07-02-2024, 08:08 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorW View Post
Since the upgrade then reinstall of old version I am now getting an 18s camera time out error for some reason but at the same time another error window pops up saying command not found, either way it doesn't seem to be affecting the guiding. I've also noticed that auto star detect is now choosing the brightest star for some reason whereas previosly would choose a very dim star
Trevor,
I recommend you join the PHD2 forum in Google groups
Post your issue including uploading your guide logs etc… ( the latest manual shows you how to do this )
Bruce or Brian will reply in a timely manner and hopefully resolve your problem
When I started using PHD2 this forum helped me iron out all the errors, mostly self induced in the drivers seat.
These days PHD2 is pretty darn easy to get going , Important for both beginner and experienced “Read the Manual” , get the right guide camera for your rig ( guide scope or OAG ) , use good quality USB cables and test them for connectivity, download all the latest drivers , connect up direct to laptop for Ascom pulse guiding ( not ST4 ) , run and follow the PHD2 Wizard including creating a Dark library, using the Calibration Assistant and Guide Assistant and your on your way !!!

Forgot to mention, I’ve never ran PHD2 through my acquisition software APT , I always launch it separately , run it separately. The only functionality between PHD2 and APT are the dither commands. APT sees PHD2 running but does not control its destiny. I’ve lost count how many times folk post issues on the PHD2 forum with connection issues , drop out issues , meridian flip issues when running PHd2 through their acquisition software like NINA , APT , SGP , ASIair and many others. Some resolve their issues , others don’t .
I like to keep things simple , less room for gremlins and error.

Martin

Last edited by Startrek; 07-02-2024 at 08:39 AM.