View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 08:02 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
You know anyone who's good at doing this..? will you use copper or lead?

Mike
Hahaha. Yes good question.

Roof sheets are now on and about to order the cappings to finish it off.

Installing pier and some cables today. I intend to pin the pier down with 2 anchor bolts so if I have to rotate it to match south more accurately I can.
I'll install the PME mount today as well and tonight if I get all that done I'll do a rough polar alignment and if the pier is in the right orientation I'll anchor bolt it thoroughly tomorrow.

The roll off roof glides effortlessly - a first for my observatories. These wheels and the sliding gate tracks are terrific. First heard of them on this site so that paid dividends.

The combo is flexible, I can lock the 2 halves together as one and roll it off (maximum view) or split and have half roll off (similar view but a tad less).

I installed 6 overlatches to create that. Bunnings sells them. Well made and work well and easily.

I have quite a bit of left over beautiful Blackbutt engineered floor boards. I intend to lay that on the floor once everything it watertight.
It looked like I would have enough left over lovely marble floor tiles but I used them up.

Going for Australia's most luxurious observatory!

Greg.