View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 08:16 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Greg,
Looks like the Obs is well underway, nice solid construction too ( yep steer away from timber , termites are a problem down our way , regular inspections and treatment )
You have a lovely location too.
In regards to kayaking, my wife and I kayak occasionally at the Inlet , Burrill and other places, she’s also a member of mollymook outriggers ( casual group ) They have a group at Conjolla if you’re interested. Plenty of water ways from Conjolla to Durras, a great part of the South Coast.
Cheers
Martin
My new house has a steel frame and that is comforting to know it won't burn or be affected by termites. Also very strong.

Sounds good Martin. More of a warmer weather activity though.

Observatory moved along today. I got more materials yesterday.
Today I did final work on the frame and tracks, moved the rear wheels further in so I can roll it off just a bit more to take in all the available field of view. Also installed some stops so the roll off roof will stop when rolled off.

Install some overlatches to hold the roof down when I've finished imaging. Installed some chicken wire to hold up the insulation blanket.

I out the roof on tomorrow and another board of cladding to hide the wheel and close up that gap.

Then colorbond mini orb for the gables and its install time for the pier and mount and a table.

Then install a door I bought. Then wire it up. Then painting.

I should be imaging in it within 2 weeks.
The attached photo is from Sunday. The new work done today doesn'y really look much different to this but it's work that has to be done.

Greg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Observatory with roll off frames.jpg)
147.2 KB76 views