View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 03:24 PM
spacetff (Steve)

If you want more science (and don't we all) I have recently signed up with Amazon Prime. One of the extra channels available if you pay a little more for is "The Great Courses". In that there are quite a lot of science and astonomy series. They are usually just lectures with basic production and some are just general in nature but this one "The Big Bang and Beyond" has a lot of science. Gets quite loopy towards the end as they explain some of the theories of the early universe.

The Brian Cox series were great productions and great for the masses. Knowing my intrest in astonomy, after they were screened on TV, I had many friends and relatives mentioning to me space facts they had heard about on the show. The shows sparked intrest in a lot of people we all want more people getting interested in astronomy and shows like this do that well. Of course the biggest reason we want more people getting into and interested in astronomy is especially when we want to upgrade our telescopes and sell our older ones second hand!

Also interesting to note is of all the threads in this Astronomy Books and Media thread this one has the most clicks (or views) by along way. My guess is this goes back to the popularity of the series.