View Single Post
Old 26-06-2022, 03:18 PM
dizzy2003 (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
That’s really interesting. So the error is a single guide pulse in length what ever that guide pulse may be. So what is your guide interval ? And what happens when you shorten or lengthen it ? Not that I think that would be a “ fix “ but it would be interesting to know. I still find it quite interesting that is has the same fault on RA and Dec with the same amplitude and yet not the same frequency.

I’ve said before, I’m at a loss to help explain it at the moment but I’m certainly trying to think my way though it.

Ryan
I'm guiding with 2 second exposures, I have tried different exposure lengths but not with any great rigor, I didnt notice any difference but would need to run some more careful examinations to check.

Its confusing that its RA and Dec and also both sides +ve and -ve. In the video I couldnt actually see any motor movement during dec errors but I need to put a bigger visual spike on the dec motor.

I have found a local guy who does PCB repair hoping he can at least check the solder/caps for me and spot any obvious issues.