Thread: EAA guides?
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2022, 09:13 PM
Tinderboxsky (Steve)
I can see clearly now ...

It is hard to tell from your enquiry, just what type and level of information you are seeking.

I agree with Dean and Glenn. As per Dean’s comments, you appear to have all the gear that you need if you add a laptop and USB3 cables to the mix. I would spend the next week or so practicing as suggested by Glen.

If you have not tried EAA before, my suggestion would be to set up and practice initially with the 102mm refractor. This scope will give you excellent EAA views for a wide range of targets, including the larger trophy galaxies such as M83 and Centaurus A. Set up during the day to check everything works and then try a couple of live EAA sessions with SharpCap. The refractor is an easier place to start. The jump up to the longer focal length with the C8 (with focal reducer) is then one step easier.

This EAA guide might fill in some gaps for you, although, from your equipment list, you may already be across this information.

https://agenaastro.com/articles/guid...p-sky-eaa.html

Alternatively, are you actually looking for suggestions on settings for EAA sessions, eg exposure, gain etc and how to manage the live stacking process and histogram adjustments to tease out the fine detail and colour in you EAA snapshots?