View Single Post
Old 23-02-2022, 11:17 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn488 View Post
With the MeLe you can add a m.2. I wonder if you can install Windows directly on that and just not use the eMMC then the speed would be much faster!
Apparently you can & use the eMMC purely as storage/backup.The 256GB version seems to be the 128GB eMMC + 128GB M.2 (this is confusing as the written description says 256gb eMMC and the images show mixed) while the 512GB version they are both 256GB. Then there is the SD card support as well. I really do like the look of these for imaging to replace my laptop and USB3 hub. Probably buy the 8GB/128GB & add a 256GB M.2.

While I do like like the ASIAir for what they can do, I think they are a little restricting - only supports ZWO gear & DSLR, so no good with my other brand gear, no support for multiple imaging cameras & synced dithering, etc. And, of course, I have everything set up & working with my current gear & software which can do everything the ASIAir can do. I just like the versatility of the new mini pc's like the MeLE over the ASIAir.