View Single Post
Old 19-02-2022, 02:15 PM
AnakChan (Sean)

I have been using the GMK NUCBox for the past year with satisfaction. It's Celeron J4125 based, 8GB RAM & 512GB SATA SSD storage. It's purely image acquisition with N.I.N.A., Stellarium, PHD2, and CCDi.

This thing together with the Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox Advance v1 stacks up to the same size as my ASIAir Pro & TP-Link WiFi. It handles my ASI6200MM Bin1 122MB file transfers fine.

The pix shows how the this GMK NUCBox & Pegasus Astro PPBA sits on my FSQ85ED.

However the newer trend for an astro imaging PC is the MeLE Fanless Mini PC Quieter 2. It's pretty much the same specs as the GMK NUCBox but has less storage, and more USB ports (i.e. less need for the Pegasus Astro's USB Hub).

Edit: I should add that the ASI software is simply fantastic. For most basic AP, the ASI does very well for an All-ZWO setup. In my case, I have Takahashi µ250CRS proprietary ASCOM based autofocusing, and PrimaluceLab Esatto 3" for the FSQ85ED, the PC/N.I.N.A. solution makes more sense. Also I tend to have a little bit more automation such as "image one when target is above 40deg", or 'target image XX from the moon", etc. For such kinds of conditions, the ASI is less sophisticated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4957.jpeg)
78.7 KB80 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_8664.jpg)
211.0 KB64 views