View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Thanks Martin, I am quite excited to see the result. I am still strongly hesitating between the Bintel f/5 and f/6 despite extensive research. I hear coma disappears almost completely with an f/6 meaning I won't need a coma corrector.

The only thing that concerns me is that the Bintel website bags its own f/6 OTA stating "It is still suitable for lunar and planetary imaging but not for imaging using larger sensors". ("Larger sensors"??). The slightly slower speed really doesn't bother me, as long as the optics are good. Looking forward to seeing your latest image.

Cheers,
Stéphane
I still get a bit of coma with my f6 in the corners

Yes I read that info on the f6 Bintel newt 4 years ago ( ignored it ) I’ve even won a Bintel image of the month in Oct 2019 with my 6”f6 Bintel newt

The only modification I made to mine when I bought it 4 years ago was I added a dual speed focuser ( a must for AP ) don’t know if it comes with dual doors now ? And the second mod was fitting new heavy duty locally made Primary mirror springs after a year to make Collimation easier and hold Collimation longer

Cheers
Martin