View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 09:21 PM
JA

Hi Tareq,

Well there are many possibilities to consider there. I would personally work towards a choice which sets you up in the medium to longer term, rather than chose something for the here and now because you feel you have to.

To that end it would be good to know your vision of what you would like to do with your setup. To me based on what you've said and what I can piece together from "reading between the lines" you'd like to setup a multi-telescope imaging system perhaps with 2 or 3 scopes using your existing mount (10kg payload) for deepsky imaging using some or all of your cameras. Is that correct?

Why would you like to do this: because imaging time would be shorter or increased image quality or other reasons? Will all scopes be on the exact same target field or will they be pointed so as to create a wider image mosaic from 2 or 3 adjoining fields of view.

One of the things that sticks out to me, since I am very interested in doing exactly the same sort of thing, is that the different camera sizes and different focal length scopes introduce unnecessary complexity in potentially matching their fields of view, if indeed that's what you are trying to do. In summary, if you could expand on what your vision is, it might be easier to offer an easier/better path forward, with possibly different/more choices.

Best
JA