View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 08:03 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g__day View Post
Look at the last post on page one of http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...hlight=maxdome

That plus the insight that in the Southern Hemisphere folk the East / West dome / mount axis offset must the the opposite sign of what is documented! Once that was done for me the dome slit perfectly tracks the OTAs. For me my parameters are (note using inches):

• Offset East 4.25" (later discovered this was the error - East should be entered -4.25 for the Southern hemisphere)
  • Offset South -8.25"
  • Dome radius 44.9"
  • Height of mount pivot point below dome -26.5"
  • Height of mount pivot point to scope Optical axis 13.25"
  • Home position sensor Az bearing 130 degrees.
As per my note for users in the Southern Hemisphere for MaxDome II users on the Cyangen forums:

1. After kit fit out - ensure you blow all the dust out, especially around your sensor
2. There are plenty of dome / mount alignment schematics on the web, look one up if you are unsure or the terms used
3. Realise the Az bearings for East / West, North / South offsets, Home and Park positions all refer to Celestial, not Geographic or Magnetic compass bearings
4. Use suspended plumb lines lines plus rotate the dome to ensure the line doesn't move is a great way of checking you have the dome's rotational centre identified, and the big one
5. Reverse the documented sign of the East / West offset if you are in the Southern hemisphere! East is Negative when you are Down Under!
EUREKA!!!!!!!!! thanks that's exactly the help i need (well i need other help but that's my wife's point of view )