View Single Post
Old 24-04-2016, 01:18 PM
CrazyGiza (Satan)
Fresh Blood

Thanks Cam.
I can appreciate the warning for patience. When i read the kids coplaint about two dots i instantly started thinking he wouldnt of had dark adapted eyesight, we dont know about focus, moonlight or how much light pollution he had to deal with...

I just thought some of you may have taken some snaps at different exposures/time and upon viewing found some that most closely replicate what YOU see at the eyepiece.

It will be something i will definitely be doing so i can say to any who ask Me about astronomy in the future that here, 'this is what you can expect M51 to look like at 175x and suchnsuch viewing/observing conditions...'

You know, get them excited but with realistic pics. Of course long exposure fotostacking has its place but after reading that small journey of dissapointment written by a young man with unrealistic expectations... well, i went looking for pics and cant Find many that show and state they are a realistic eyepiece view.

Thousands of high colour massive stacked stitched frankenfoto pics everywhere...

Just saying, not hating on anyone. I enjoy those colourful pics as much as anyone but i aviod them a little... i am all about MY perspective after discovering the Giza Capstone in my queensland backyard!
Clear skies my fellow OBSERVERs