View Single Post
Old 29-01-2015, 03:32 PM
chiaroscuro (Luke)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
It means the left side of your histogram is clipped. So there is a sharp vertical line on the left truncating the bell shape of your histogram. You're losing all the dark areas of your picture.

I'd recommend saving the file as a 16bit FIT or TIFF file without stretching it in DSS. Then open it in Photoshop if you have it and start stretching it progressively in increments. I've PMd you. If you're still confused email me the TIFF file and I can send you back a PSD file with all the layers so you can use that as a template for your future photos.
OK, that makes sense about the clipping. I did try to do as you say using Startools, and then Nebulosity, without much luck. Here is a dropbox link to the files - rustigmed (Russell) has offered to try processing it too. Got your PM and will have a look at that link - thanks again.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/srxpsfu4xn...osave.fts?dl=0

Cheers
Luke

PS: To the mods, sorry to have two threads running concurrently on this topic but the other one went quiet for some time (the other one is in Beginners astrophotography, so if you want to merge them, go for it).