PDA

View Full Version here: : Sh2-281

carlstronomy
15-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Before looking please note this my first ever deep space image and it is only taken with a DBK21 old style. The image is of SH2-281 last night around 1am. Equipment used is a SCT 9.25, DBK21 with reducer (F6.3). I took 38 x 23 sec subs, as I have worm gear issues at present which do not allow me to take subs bigger than around 30 seconds. The image on the left is stacked with DSS, I lost colour but gained some depth(seems a complex program to use need to practice). The image on the right is stacked with RS6, I lost depth but got a lot of colour and the dark frame did not remove dead pixels like in DSS.
If any one has any advice on what looks to be wrong and how I can improve (except for the obvious buy a better camera) it would be great. I struggled to get perfect focus but this will probably come with practive and a JMI Focus motor. I had the gain at about half way and gamma down at about 100, as went to low on gamma the image did not look as clear on the screen.
Please feel free to throw me any hints or info on what I may have done wrong so I can learn from it.:D

Thanks
Carl

blink138
15-10-2012, 06:47 PM
hi carl you may get more responses if you place your thread into "beginners astrophotography"
that is the best place to start
pat

carlstronomy
15-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Could not remove this thread or move but I have placed in there to thanks.

Carl