PDA

View Full Version here: : Ngc 300

batema
14-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Hello,

I am going to post both versions of this as I have 6 hours of Lumiance data that was taken over two nights, one at a very dark site and the other at my light polluted suburban house. Both 15 min subs with darks but my flats did not work. I have then added the colour data each being 40 minutes worth with 5 minute subs with darks and flats applied.

Taken using a Williams Optics Flt 110 and QHY-9 mono on EQ6 Pro. Guided with PHD guiding and stacked with Deep Sky Stacker and processed in Photoshop CS4. The first image is as good as I can do but it have a horrible sky colour and I am sure other faults. I am a bit frustrated. To fix the sky coulour (improve the appearence) I black clipped the image and reduced the green.

Any advice would be very helpful as I wonder why I am bothering sometimes.

Mark B

David Fitz-Henr
14-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Hello Mark, it looks to me that it is a problem with your flats. You say that you applied flats to the colour? Did the background for each colour channel (raw / combined) look even across the frame? You did say though that you didn't apply flats to the luminance because of a problem? Probably the first thing to try would be to fix the problem with your luminance flats and re-calibrate your luminance data.

Carl
14-10-2012, 11:03 PM
It,s a tough little number to image.
I'm out in the shed trying as we speak. I'm shooting 7min subs at 1600iso, Hopefully can keep going until 3am and get something.
Good effort Mark