PDA

View Full Version here: : New Guy

Chif
27-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm Andrew. I live in Adelaide and have been lurking around on this site for a week or so. I've always had an interest in space however have never got into much depth. I'll be looking at buying my first telescope over the next few weeks so am bound to have lots of questions :). I look forward to picking your brains.

Thanks for having me,
Andrew

DavidU
27-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Welcome Andrew ! There's plenty to learn here.:thumbsup:

louie_the_fly
27-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Welcome Andrew. I've been on here for a short time and have found it to be a great source of info. The people seem pretty helpfull. What part of Adelaide?

brian nordstrom
27-09-2012, 08:50 PM
;) Pick away Andrew , there is lots of knowledge here .
( and great people as well ) ;) .
And :welcome: mate .
Brian.

Chif
27-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks Guys,

I live in Glengowrie, louie. It's good because I'm only ten mins away from work, but I don't like living in the city. Once the mrs and I decide to buy a house I think we'll move out a bit.

ourkind
28-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Welcome Andrew hope to see you around and read about your discoveries ... wait till you see Saturn through your own scope :eyepop:

Poita
28-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Make sure you ask lots of questions, and check out the classifieds here, buying 2nd hand from a known person is the way to go I reckon.You can save heaps, or better still, get a much better scope for a given budget. They tend to come with lots of the extra bits you inevitably need as well.

Welcome to the dark side!

Chif
28-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks very much. That's one of the things I'm really looking forward to.

I will do, I'm going to start up a thread tonight in regards to what equipment I should get.

Just a forum related question for now, when I'm logged in the threads read with the newest post at the top. Does anyone know how to change this back to the normal setting where the original post is at the top?

ausastronomer
28-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Welcome Andrew,

I hope you get as many years out of the hobby as I have.

Cheers,
John B

scagman
28-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi Andrews And welcome,

to change the way the posts are displayed, click on "usercp" up the top, then click on "edit options" on the left. there is an option under thread dispaly option.

Cheers.

Chif
29-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks so much John :)

and thanks all for the welcome.