PDA

View Full Version here: : My only winter contribution-M20

TheDecepticon
16-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Hello! :hi:

It has been reasonably dismal here in Adelaide for imaging this winter. I think this is my first outing in 2 months so I wanted something that would give me instant gratification. M20 was that object.

About 5 hrs worth, details with image and clicking original will show a bigger image.

http://www.pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/146053493/large

Thanks for looking,

Gray. :thumbsup:

multiweb
16-09-2012, 08:18 AM
:eyepop: So cool Gray. Love the overall field. Very deep. Superb star colours and stellar profiles. You've picked up a lot of background dirt. Very nice processing too. One for the pool room. :thumbsup:

SkyViking
16-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Awesome, a very nice deep shot with great star colours. It looks great, congratulations!

Rigel003
16-09-2012, 09:39 AM
That's just beautiful, Gray. Great capture and beautifully processed. Nice and deep with terrific colour contrasts. Only thing I would have considered was to move M20 a little off centre so that beautiful little cluster was a little less crowded in the corner. I can relate to the Adelaide winter scenario. It's been hopeless.

alpal
16-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Gray,
That's a great photo with wonderful star colours.
I like all those other red areas of nebulosity on the right hand side too.
You've got that blue reflection nebula perfect around M20.
Possible improvement - maybe more contrast in the center of M20
in the red area?

cheers
Allan

atalas
16-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Wonderful shot Gray!well done.

Larryp
16-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Very nice!

jjjnettie
16-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Beautiful work!
I agree that the framing could be improved to include the open cluster more. :)

TheDecepticon
16-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Thank you very much for your comments guys, they are very well received! :)

JJJ and Rigel, the last one I did was framed to get the cluster in, however, with this scope and slightly smaller field of view, I wanted to concentrate on the Trifid. I also wanted to place the cluster to make the eye rove the whole image, giving an offset to the nebulosity in the opposite corner, that I knew was there from previous attempts and searching the net for colour comparisons and background interpretations. ;)

The center of the image could be a bit more contrasty, I agree. Will work on that as I go. Thanks alpal! :thumbsup:

Hi Marc, buying a frame for the pool room as we speak! :D

Ross G
19-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Great photo Gray.

Love the colours and detail.

Ross.

TheDecepticon
20-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you Ross, I'm glad you enjoyed the view. :)