PDA

View Full Version here: : A rich field in Virgo

marco
18-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Dear all, below is the link to my latest processed image, a very interesting field in Virgo including M49 and the two "lost galaxies" NGC4526 and NGC4535, among many other galaxies visible everywhere in the field:

M49 and the lost galaxies (http://www.glitteringlights.com/Images/deepsky/13667287_7Mtr58#!i=1908593838&k=JQFcB6X&lb=1&s=X3)

Galaxies are not very suitable for my setup due to the limited aperture and focal length, however these larger fields are to me particularly interesting. A surprise to me was the presence of a very faint but large halo around M49, a feature I was not aware of that I notice during the first deep stretch of my luminance. After having checked the professional literature I discovered that this halo was first noticed 2 years ago and seems due to some tidal effects between M49 and a companion galaxy.

Details on the relative page. Recommended the view at full resolution.

Clear skies
Marco

gregbradley
18-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Fantastic. Love it.

Greg.

Martin Pugh
18-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi Marco

that is a very nice galaxy grouping, but I have to say the halos are somewhat distracting and I actually thought they were other galaxies until I downloaded the full sized image!

Otherwise, well framed.

cheers
Martin

FlashDrive
18-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Very nice indeed ... lovely group of galaxies. :thumbsup:

Flash :hi:

alpal
18-06-2012, 08:02 PM
What a beautiful picture Marco.
You have done so well.

cheers
alpal

atalas
18-06-2012, 08:11 PM
An attractive galaxy field Marco,nice work.

jjjnettie
18-06-2012, 08:26 PM
:D That put a smile on the dial what the page opened. What a great field of Galaxies that is.
Beaut work Marco.

allan gould
18-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Really excellent image, Marco. Really like the framing of this shot.

Peter Ward
18-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh..Marco! Way cool. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ross G
19-06-2012, 08:29 AM
A beautiful photo Marco.

Ross.

TheDecepticon
19-06-2012, 09:52 AM
What a crazy pic, dude! :eyepop:

That is just mind blowing, I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

TrevorW
19-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Top shot Marco a lot of interesting things to see in that FOV

LightningNZ
19-06-2012, 08:03 PM
That's a really wild and varied group of galaxies. I've never seen these before - thanks so much for posting!

Where's MadBadGalaxyMan? I want to hear what other coolness is going on with these guys. :D

Cheers,
Cam

SkyViking
19-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Wow, just outstanding - and great natural looking colours all over, very pleasing to the eye. There is so much to see in the full frame. Something interesting and exciting nearly always shows up in these deep shots! :D
Thanks for sharing this Marco.

multiweb
20-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Another great field Marco. Very interesting colorwise and so many different types of galaxies too. :thumbsup:

hotspur
20-06-2012, 11:43 AM
WOW!,great work!:eyepop:

What gear used,and where was the location you took the data from?I heard the seeing conditions are not the best from some parts of China.

Paul Haese
20-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Nice work Marco. love the diversity of galaxy types and shapes in this image. Colours look great but as Martin pointed out the halos are a pain. Something I have recently had sorted out myself.

RickS
20-06-2012, 06:59 PM
A lovely field full of interesting galaxies. Great stuff Marco!

marco
25-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Just got back from a biz trip, thanks for all the comments!

Thanks Rick!

Thanks Paul, I do agree with your comments on stars' haloes, unfortunately having stretched the luminance quite a bit to show the extension of tidals on M49 there was not much I could do on controlling them. I will try to give it a repro but those haloes are there, so unless going for a lasso masking (something I don't feel well with) I have not many other hints to reduce their invadence in the image.. Perhaps will just opt for a less stretched version :question:

Thanks Chris, actual I do all my imaging from Australia, where I currently live (Shanghai) is noway suitable for any kind of imaging, even planetary is unfeasable due to the very bad seeing (the rare days when the sky is not cloudy)..

Thanks Marc

Thanks Rolf, happy you liked it :)

Thanks Cam :)

Thanks Trevor, indeed this field is often overlooked, too close to the Markarian chain perhaps ;)

Thanks Graham!

Thanks Ross

Thanks Peter, you should imaging some of these fields too with your lightspeed OTA :)

Thanks Allan!

Thanks JJJ, appreciated it :)

Thanks Louie :thumbsup:

Thanks Alpal

Thanks Flash!

Thanks Martin, as per Paul reply I share your analisys on the halos, let see if can improve that..

You always very kind Greg, thank buddy

Cheers
Marco