PDA

View Full Version here: : Eta in Hubble palette...I know, I know!!

TheDecepticon
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Howdy guys and gals, :hi:

Been very busy with work and home, so have not had much time to cruise the forum and see what everyone is up to.

Had some trouble with my gear as well and a big thank you to those that replied to my threads asking for advice. Looks like I'm back up and running after finding quite few problems and thinking through the tips given. :D

Any way, for testing, I needed big bright easy target to work on, so you guessed it, Eta Carinae copped a bit of a hiding. I can now leave this one for a while and look elsewhere! :lol:

These will all be largish files, sorry about that. :rolleyes:

Click on original at bottom of page for a full sized image.

http://www.pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/143995560/large

2 "warts and all close ups" of some of the nebula's features.

http://www.pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/143995666

http://www.pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/143995667

Thanks for looking,

Gray.:)

Octane
12-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Magical space artwork.

I love what you've done, Gray.

H

multiweb
13-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Terrific work Gray. :thumbsup: I'm working on one of these at 200mm and I seem to be getting the same colours as yours so I must be on the right path. :)
Yours is mirrored though. :P

telecasterguru
13-06-2012, 09:18 AM
I like the tightness of the image.

Frank

Paul Haese
13-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Nice images Gray. I like the palette, particularly the browns.

TheDecepticon
13-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Cheers Hum, wouldn't have called it that myself, but thanks anyway! LOL! :lol: :thumbsup:

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. I'll do some reflective changes tonight when I get home. Good luck on yours, will be great to see when you are finished. :)

Thanks Frank, tightness is always good! :D

Thank you Paul! Glad you like the colours. :thanx:

TheDecepticon
13-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Flipped image and minor tweaks. :thumbsup:

tilbrook@rbe.ne
14-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Wow!!

So many different ways of imaging and processing Eta, I really like this one.

Cheers,

Justin.

TheDecepticon
14-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi Justin, it really is a great object for imaging, and for closer work there is more than one area to go for. :thumbsup:

Just a note, I have reduced the image size for those with bandwidth concerns.:)

strongmanmike
14-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Very nice work Gray, I agree too, there are so many interesting bits in the Eta cloud, sort of like several objects in one really :thumbsup:

Mike

stevous67
15-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Eta Carine is still one of my most favourite objects, and this is a nice palette to display it in, well done.

Steve. :2thumbs:

TheDecepticon
15-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi Mike, thanks for dropping by. Yes, a great deal to see for sure, will certainly poke around there a bit more. :D

Thank you Steve, I am a huge fan of this particular narrow band pallette! Can't wait to a do a few more and try mixing in some RGB stars now I have a 7 position filter wheel and seem to have sorted out my mount problems. :thumbsup: