PDA

View Full Version here: : New Polarie

Usais
11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone!:hi:
I just ordered a Polarie with tripod and ball heads; except for the polar scope I have the set. Wait to see how this goes! I also have my t2i, a Nikon d70 and several lenses ranging from 8mm to 500mm.

I hope to see and learn from Polarie users reporting on their experiences and photos. I have seen here that most people are inqquiring and wondering about it, not using it, but my guess is that it is very popular in UK and other parts of the world. Unluckily, my neck of the woods is under weather attack right now and I cannot test it. I may wait weeks, rainy season! Also I dread finding Polaris, that seems to be the most difficult part of it. I think it is the right tool for those of us on the light side requiring little weight and great portability.:rofl:

Just waiting to hear about your setups!

baileys2611
19-06-2012, 03:28 AM
You should try finding Sigma Octantis! Polaris is a fairly bright star - I envy it here in the southern skies.

Still - they say once you have found it, it's not a hassle from that point on.

iceman
19-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi Yoly

I tested mine out last week:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=92369

h0ughy
19-06-2012, 07:28 AM
i have used mine a few times now - the polar scope does make the finish of alignment that much better. don't stick the 500mm on far to heavy

iceman
19-06-2012, 07:49 AM
How's the Polar Scope work for the south, Dave?
I didn't get it for mine - just have that tiny viewing window.

h0ughy
19-06-2012, 08:01 AM
yeah it wasn't too bad, though it just fits octans in the scope so you have to be spot on when looking

seeker372011
19-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I have the astrotrac polariscope and find it absolutely useless and a huge waste of money

Is the polarie polarscope better do you find?