PDA

View Full Version here: : M20, in focus this time...

E_ri_k
03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
So with my last attempt of M20, I stuffed up the focus considerably....Better luck this time I think. 4 Hours over 2 nights with a nearly full moon, so I'm pretty happy with it.

24 x 10 Minute subs with the QHY 10 and 10" Newt

I'd like to revisit it with darker skies, do you guys think it would make much difference?

Erik.

astronobob
05-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Thats a great result Erik, focus is on the money, yep, lot of details, and like the subtle details in the center, maybe some contrast for the dark neb lanes ? Im not sure : ) Its real nice the way it is, cool. .
Dark skies are always advantages, no light pollution to govern the length of exposure, though you have excecuted 10 mins in strong moolight, that pretty good going, suprising actually !
Great image, Id dig to have an M20 like your, the scale is tops too !

E_ri_k
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Thank you! Yeah I agree about the contrast now when I look at it again. I have quite dark rural skies, but I was actually surprised how much detail was captured with the moon out. I could hardly see the milky way by eye that night. Never imaged with the moon out before. I was getting a bit desperate as it was the first clear night in a while haha!
Erik

jsmoraes
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
It seems to me to be well. With good details and color. Did you use a high-pass filter on nebula ? If yes, I reckon a little more blur will smooth the boundary luminosity. May be better than increase contrast and blow up with stars. It worth try.

TrevorW
06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Probably increase saturation as nebula colour bit washed out and decrease background darkness

apart from that not bad