PDA

View Full Version here: : A few while testing maxim functions

Peter.M
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
I recently purchased a Hitec astro mount hub pro, and since then my mount has been able to be controlled from eqmod ( an issue I was having was preventing this) so I took my gear out to see what it could do.

These are two images I took along the way, the first is some nebulosity near ngc6231 I manually slewed to it while I was testing maxim (it wasnt in the frame with the cluster)

1x15 minute 1x1

The second image is the cats paw

10x10 minute 1x1

as a side note, the mount hub pro makes setting up and bringing in my gear so much easyer. All of the cables "ride" on the telescope so there is no need to disconnect them, and only 2 cables need to be plugged in.

Octane
01-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Nicely done.

The first one is the Prawn Nebula.

You've inspired me to look up this hub. My mount is a complete mess.

H

Peter.M
01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
I am really happy with it at the moment, I bought it because I needed a dew controler and it wasnt much more. It has a USB hub and lots of 12v power connections and a dew controler inbuilt into it as well as a focus controler. So at the moment I have power to the mount and my camera going into it, my secondary heater, and all my usb devices. Then the hub is connected to my laptop via a single USB cable and to power (running mine off a 100 amp hour deep cycle)

multiweb
01-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Bice ones Peter. Love the cat paws.:thumbsup:

Paul Haese
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Aside from guiding related issues, your images are improving more and more. I knew that you would like the mount hub pro. It works so well.

Peter.M
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks Paul, I think I know what the issue is for guiding but I dont know how to fix it.

If i put the guider in the telescope without the imaging camera (or OAG) the stars are more pinpoint, probally due to the OAG prism picking stars from the edge of the field. Guiding this way the graph is flat or within one pixel. When I try to guide on the OAG stars phd struggles to find the centroid and then slews the scope around when the stars not really moving at all.

I might try to move the prism towards the center of the field to catch some better stars.

Peter.M
03-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I Macguyvered my OAG so that the prism is closer to the center of the frame and now guide star profiles are much much better, their signal to noise ratio is also 4-5 times higher because of the profile!

stevous67
04-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank goodness for Macguyvered solutions! Where would we be without them! I like the Cats Paw like Marc - very nice.

I ditto the positive feedback for the mount hub pro, excellent device for streamlining your cabling.

Steve