PDA

View Full Version here: : A deep space voyage

marc4darkskies
31-05-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm not doing much imaging these days. I wrecked my back a couple of weeks ago, right at new moon. :( Naturally, there was some lovely weather & dark skies during that time!

Anyway, I've always wanted to do an animated slideshow of my images so while I was sitting in my comfy chair recouperating & feeling sorry for myself, I experimented with PowerDirector 10. It's not free software - about $90 - but it's pretty good.

I uploaded at 1920x1080p but that will require a high speed internet connection or some patience while it displays so you may just want to try 720p. I guess video is not the best way to display astroimages, but it might be a bit more "entertaining" :question:.

So here's the result of my mucking around - sorry if it's too boring, but it sure was fun to do!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8yNUGdt3U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Turn up your sound too - the music gives it drama :)

Cheers, Marcus

cybereye
31-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Marcus,

Very, very nice!! Beautiful images put together in a way I've not seen before. I can't comment on the music though as I watched it at work (still watching...)- ssssh don't tell the boss!!

Cheers,
Mario

pmrid
31-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear you have injured yourself Marcus. Speedy recovery!
Peter

strongmanmike
31-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Great stuff Marcus

To avoid waiting and the annoying stop start :rolleyes: I had to watch in low res 480p (The NBN just can't come fast enough I say) ...but luckily I know your images nearly as well as I know my own anyway so the low res was no issue. Great compilation mate :thumbsup:

How much more recuperating do you have to do?

Mike

stevous67
31-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Hello Marcus.

That was an enjoyable mission through the heavens. I loved it from start to finish. Very intriguing how you successfully rotated and correctly orientated object views from pan to pan. Top result from some “mucking around”. It is a wonderful way to show case your excellent images.

Cheers,

Steve

jjjnettie
31-05-2012, 07:10 PM
What a stunning collection Marcus. Well put together. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I hope your back is feeling better now.

alpal
31-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Great work Marcus.
You have so many wonderful images & that was
an interesting way to showcase them.
I added it to my favourites on youtube. :)

marc4darkskies
31-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi Mario! Glad you liked it and hope you watch it again with the music! Haha, My boss, like many others, blocks the youtube site altogether! It blocks PBase too! :mad2: Thank goodness for smartphones ... Samsung of course :D:lol:

Thanks Peter. It's all good (enough) now. Dr says it can take many weeks to clear up but he reckons it was just muscular. It was damn painful though and debilitating - it freaked me out! No heavy lifting for me for a while!

Thanks mate. Too bad you can't at least go 720 - 480 would only look reasonable on a tiny screen.

Your turn now - with your huge portfolio of images you could put together several very cool animations!

Thanks Alpal ... and it only took 4.5 years to get enough good images to make the movie! :lol:

troypiggo
31-05-2012, 10:48 PM
A collection that's the envy of most. Loved watching that.

alan meehan
31-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Beautiful Marcus like looking through a spaceship window ,stunning
AL

jsmoraes
01-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Beautiful photos, excelent movie production, wonderful travel along the DSOs. Good idea in present some galaxies with rotation.
Take care only with the color of text at the end of presentation.
A real trip inside deep space ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

strongmanmike
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh yeh, that'd be like trying to sit politely through someones wedding or holiday shots :scared: :lol:...have to cull drastically

Mike

cybereye
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Of course!! :thumbsup:

marc4darkskies
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Many thanks Troy - much appreciated!

Cheers Alan, it is kind of like that isn't it.

Thanks very much Jorge! I personally find the rotating M83 quite mesmerising :) And yes, I see what you mean - should have used red or white credits at the end.

Maybe so, but you'd still have one or two good ones left!;):P:)

venus
03-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Very enjoyable viewing, thanks for sharing.