PDA

View Full Version here: : Trifid Nebula - maybe last hurrah for a few months

swannies1983
17-05-2012, 11:02 PM
With the impending birth of the second child for my wife and I, I have been trying to get as much imaging done as possible as I'm unsure how often I will be able to get outside over the next few months.

I only got an hour of the Trifid last night. Pretty happy with how it's come up.

Details
Scope: 8" Newt
Camera: unmodded canon 400D
Settings: 12x5mins @ ISO800
Darks, flats and lights stacked in DSS and post processing done in Photoshop.

Picture here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47268787@N05/7215203706/in/photostream)

jjjnettie
17-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow, what a great image for such a short exposure time. :)
My well wishes for your impending happy event. :D

DJT
17-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Wohoo..a great swan song, but, really? Your hobby involves staying up all night and yet you think with a baby in its own timezone thats not going to happen?

Best of both worlds, both supportive and productive..ooh , but your tag is not gender specific..

swannies1983
17-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the well wishes :thumbsup:

I certainly wasn't expecting much to come out of this given it's only an hour worth of data. Probably would only need a couple more hours to reduce the noise.

haha :lol: I hear ya! Yes, the baby will be up multiple times at night, but they're also awake during the day. Plus, the wife and I have a 2 year old as well so it's not like we will be able to have time to have a nap during the day when the baby arrives. We will need as much sleep as we can get at night. It's hard enough imaging till 2am and having to get up at 6.30-7am. I ssssooooo look forward to be able to do an all night imaging session and sleep the rest of the next day. It's going to be several years before that can happen.

Ross G
18-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Great photo Dan.

Nice colour and detail.

Very sharp.

Good luck.

Ross.