PDA

View Full Version here: : TY Corona Austalis.

tilbrook@rbe.ne
17-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi,

The nebulosity around TY Corona Austrails has always interested me, ever since my variable star observing days. Of course the dark dust wasn't visible only the brighter reflection nebula.
I was hoping for more data on this, but I tripped over the USB cord to the powered hub and had to start from scratch!
Hopefully get some more data friday night.

Two images, slightly different processing.

Telescope 8” f/4 astrograph on a HEQ Pro 5 mount, orion mini guider.
Unmodded Canon 1100D at ISO 800.
14 x 300 sec subs ISO 800.
24 dark frames, 16 flat frames and 11 bias.
Stacked in DSS and post process in Phototshop.
Cheers,

Justin.

Ross G
18-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Very good Justin.

Really like the contrast with the blue.

You've really been producing some great photos lately.

Ross.

[1ponders]
18-05-2012, 09:11 PM
The second one get the gong from me Justin. :cool2: They're both nice shots, but the less red and better contrast does it for me. Nice depth of field view to it.

tilbrook@rbe.ne
19-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks Ross and Paul,

I think I'll keep posting a couple of versions of my images, it seems to be a good way of getting feed back.

Cheers,

Justin.

[1ponders]
19-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Keeping some of the red in the dark neb might look good. You could take your two existing images and make one a layer and try changing the opacity or changing the blending options to Darken or Lighten and see what happens. I tried it to see how it would look but your images are of different sizes.

Lester
19-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Very nice views Justin. I like the first best with better resolution of the globular and no burn-out in the core. All the best.

tilbrook@rbe.ne
20-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks Paul and Lester.

I'm having a lot of fun processing now, although I have some way to go I'm not quite as confused using Photo shop.

Cheers,

Justin.