PDA

View Full Version here: : M20 nb and lrgb compared

JohnH
14-05-2012, 06:50 PM
It is an age since I got an image. In fact I think this is my first image in anger this year. I have done lots of equipment testing without much joy (but that is another story) but this is taken with my reliable ST2000xm/GSO RC10/AP667FR combination.

It is not an original target I realise but I have not tried it in NB before and I quite like the detail, there is a hint of a jet in the heart which I have not seen in my images of this target before. Looking at my image compared to some others on here I have halos - might be due to my Astronomic nb filters or using them in combination with the FR.

I used the hubble colours hence the pink stars which I know some folks dislike so apologies if you dislike it and please share your nb processing tips!

multiweb
14-05-2012, 08:03 PM
M20 is usually nicer in RGB than NB but I really like the color blend you've used. The details are outstanding. Having said that the stars are way too burnt out. If you repro and take care of your stellar profiles you'll have an absolute corker. Worth spending the extra time on processing. :thumbsup:

Mighty_oz
14-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Have to agree the details are great, nice focusing and tracking.

JohnH
15-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks,

I agree about the colours in M20 - it is so beautiful in RGB but in this case the proximity of the moon made me go for nb. I take your point about the blown out stars - I need to re-process and use masking. I will have go, I also plan to get some LRGB on this target to compare the details I can get compared to nb.

JohnH
24-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Added the lrgb version. As you would expect it is easie ron the eye but less detailed.

I think the HaLRGB combination might be the best of both worlds. I will try that also.