PDA

View Full Version here: : curio-cam first time results

hotspur
13-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Here are the first results from a unusual little camera that was loaned to me.I have heard about these-motion activated cameras,but never felt over desired to own one,and still don't-the results here are nothing I did not already know.

Never used one before,so the 'line up' is a little off,I also could not get the menu to come on to screen,I really did not expect any results,as it seemed a bit clunky to try use,and I had no manual.They may be useful on a remote observing site where someone has batteries and a basic caravan set ups,for security.

This camera,cost $145 and the resolution was quite reasonable,these cameras can also take video footage as well as still images.I did have a quick look at a slightly better 'acorn' brand one for $175,and there is even a $300 model which a sims card can be put in and images zipped to your phone or email-quite amazing what technology is available these days!-although cannot see it really helping me bag more dingos.But the'gadgeteers' here would enjoy these cams.

cheers Chris