PDA

View Full Version here: : 'Live' AstroVideo with SN10

ballaratdragons
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I have finally got all my AstroVideo equipment running again after many months of problems.

I broadcast 'Live' on NSN twice last week with the ED80 and 6" Achro as a test to make sure everything was running properly before going all the way using Bert's (Avandonk's) SN10, and last night was that night.

The weather was cold but sort of clear.

I started about 9:30pm and was immediately struck with the amount of extra light being sucked in by the SN10.
DSO's that I was normally pushing the brightness and contrast on now had me turning the brightness down to ZERO!

I was seeing very very faint galaxies 'Live' and all this while we still had 3/4 Moon. I am really looking forward to no Moon :D
Even with 3 heater straps on the Corrector plate it still kept icing up, so the old hair Dryer did overtime last night :lol:

And to prove to me the absolute worth of all this effort of broadcasting 'live' until 3 or 4am is confirmed by the fact that I had another American school watching last night (as seen in pic 1).
It is a real honour to show our Southern Skies 'live' to those that will never have the opportunity to see it, and to wet the appetite of young minds. :thumbsup:
and be able to discuss the objects with them as they see them.

Pic 1. Mr. Tavel's message
Pic 2. M83
Pic 3. Abell 1736 containing about 35 super faint galaxies in the FOV

and, while you may think the quality of these images are a bit off, please remember these are Screen Grabs of unprocessed 'Live' Video on a Moonlit night :)

DavidU
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Awesome stuff Ken !! I'm disappointed I missed it.
Can you post a link to the video streaming site??? Ta.

ballaratdragons
12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks Davo :)

Here ya go: http://www.nightskiesnetwork.com/

JohnG
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Good stuff Ken :thumbsup:

Missed the show last night, should have checked.

Cheers

ballaratdragons
13-04-2012, 01:57 AM
It's OK John, it's my fault for not announcing I would be on.
I need to do that more.