PDA

View Full Version here: : New scope owner from Central Coast NSW

Jezkerwin
04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been a bit of a lurker on the forum for a little while know. I thought since I have finally purchased myself a new Bintel 10" Scope and finally getting some nightspotting done that I will finally introduce myself to the community.

The name's Jeremy and like the title currently reside on the Central Coast, specifically Berkeley Vale.

By day I'm an IT geek, by night I'm still an IT geek but with side hobby's in Photography, Marital Arts, and of course Astronomy.

The Bintel Dob that I bought is my first telescope that I've ever owned and the recent Lunar eclipse was my first use of it and have to say enjoyed every hour of it. :)

Looking forward to taking an active part in this community.

Thanks.

This photo was taken by holding my iPhone up to the eyepiece. :)

wavelandscott
04-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Welcome to IIS!

You should get many great nights viewing from your gear.

There are a number of folks from the forum who used to (maybe still do) get together at the Pony Club which from memory is not to far for you. You should check it out and you will meet some nice folks. I sure miss the gatherings there now that I live here so close to the North Pole...at least I am close to Santa!

renormalised
04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Hi Jeremy and welcome to IIS:)

Nice shot of the Moon:)

Rodstar
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome Jeremy!

You MUST come to the Pony Club at Mangrove Mountain to meet the rest of us from the Central Coast!

By the way, your occupation, interests and your first scope make you almost a clone of Iceman, the founder of this forum!

iceman
05-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi Jeremy, nice of you to finally stop lurking and start posting :)

Rod's right - our interests are very very similar, and the 10" dob was my first scope too.

I've actually met Jeremy once, through our mutual friend Michael Little, who I used to work with, and who is also into photography and martial arts (but not astronomy).

Jeremy, Michael and I were on this morning photo shoot at Forresters Beach:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8331
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=83876

Which reminds me Jeremy, we need to organise that next shoot!

Jezkerwin
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'll be sure to keep an eye up for the next Pony club meeting. :-)

Mike, definitely up for another shoot, need to scope out a few sites.

GTB_an_Owl
06-01-2012, 05:32 PM
now then Jeremy - firstly welcome to IIS

BUT secondly - could you please clarify whether it is MARITAL or MARTIAL arts that you are into ?????

i mean - it doesn't really matter - you can come to the Pony Club any time and be most welcome

geoff

Jezkerwin
06-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh dear, that is embarrassing :-)

I can assure you it's martial arts. Lol.

Stardrifter_WA
11-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to IIS from WA. I hope you get much enjoyment from your 10" as I did from my 1st 8", oh so long ago. It takes me back, as my first image was of the Moon too, so well done, nice image. Back in those days we had to use film and didn't have such a nice place to show them off.

And, no more lurking in the shadows, it's not allowed now that you have finally joined us :D

Cheers Peter

joebee
12-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Welcome Jeremy