PDA

View Full Version here: : [SOLD] Lumicon Newtonian Off Axis Guider

gbeal
21-05-2011, 02:37 PM
With all the discussions lately on flexure I went on a search mission for an Off Axis Guider, and located this one, and at the same time got offered a Starlight Xpress model. The SX one interfaces seamlessly with my SX cameras, so I have been using that, and loving it, this one hasn't been used by me.
In very nice condition, not mint, but very nice.
Has 1.25" section to accept a guide camera like the Lodestar or any camera with a 1.25" nose-piece.
Telescope side is 2", and has the filter thread within.
Camera side is a simple 2" opening, and you could either source and adaptor, or use a simple T to 2" nose-piece.
These are highly respected guide units, and sought after.
PM's please. Looking for AU$200 posted.

gbeal
21-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Someone asked, "why Newtonian, can it be used on an SCT"? The answer I suppose is yes, no reason at all, so if you have a scope other than a newt, an SCT or refractor even, there is no reason this cannot be used. Any 2" focuser.
Gary

Exfso
21-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Gary, I wonder what nightmare that would be hooking up to my TOA130F. You know what Tak are like with bits and pieces.

gbeal
21-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi Pete,
honest answer is I reckon it will work, even given the weirdness of Tak.
It fits a 2" focuser, or you could screw it on with the 48mm filter thread.
Can't see why it won't work at all.
Gary

Merlin66
21-05-2011, 07:47 PM
It's sold as a Newt version due to the very short body length, minimum backfocus requirement - compared with the very large body on the SCT Cass guiders.
I tested many OAG a few years ago and this one came out on top!
The oversized prism and adjustment set it apart from the Celestron/ Meade etc. It will easily fit any scope which has a 2" focuser and at the rear - your choice of connections.
Highly recommended.

gbeal
21-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Cheers Ken.

gbeal
21-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Sold