PDA

View Full Version here: : www.tan14.com

AdrianF
17-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I emailed Tan14 a few days ago to buy some accessories off him but so far no answer.
When you guys (whoever you are) bought anything from them did you just pay (send payment to his email via paypal) or did you wait for a paypal "please pay"?

Adrian

MrB
17-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I've always waited for price confirmation.

taxman
17-07-2010, 10:18 PM
He may take a few days to get back to me at times, but every time I have paid it gets to me within a week.

Highly recommended - and I can be a difficult customer...

wasyoungonce
17-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I've had his emails to me bounced by my Australian ISP.

Maybe try a yahoo/hotmail or such like account.

dugnsuz
17-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Don't worry Adrian - Peter is a reliable guy to deal with. I'm sure there's a valid reason for the delay in replying. I've taken the plunge and paid without waiting for the paypal request a few times in the past with no problems at all.
Doug

seeker372011
17-07-2010, 11:06 PM
sometimes he has taken a fair while to respond but he always seems to eventually..

RickS
17-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm a happy customer as well after sending a big wad of cash for a Tak EM-200.

Cheers,
Rick.

Omaroo
17-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I've bought plenty of Tak gear and accessories from him over the years. Sometimes he can take a few days to get back - but at the end of the day he's completely reliable and professional to deal with. I highly recommend him as well.

AdrianF
18-07-2010, 09:23 AM
OK thanks. I wasn't sure of Tan's procedure.

I will wait for paypal please pay.

Adrian

Zaps
18-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Adrian, between 2008 and 2009 I tried four times to contact the owner of that site to make inquiries or place an order and at no time did I ever receive a response, so I spent my money elsewhere.

wasyoungonce
18-07-2010, 10:18 AM
You will need to wait so he can quote shipping costs.

Try another email...or maybe he is on holiday

Hagar
18-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't be to worried Adrian, Peter is as honest as they come. It might be worth sending him another email asking for a final price including post and paypal fees if that is what you use. I have been purchasing equipment, expensive and not so expensive stuff and he has never let me down. In fact with some gear I wonder how he can do it for the price.

AdrianF
18-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Only one email address on his website. I will attempt to be patient.

Adrian

Hagar
18-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Theb email address I always use is peter@tan14.com

I got an email from him on Friday. He may have missed yours or be waiting for a price.

AdrianF
18-07-2010, 10:32 AM
That's the email I used.

Adrian

wasyoungonce
18-07-2010, 10:40 AM
try:

leemanho@hkstar.com

this is his paypal contact

edit;
this is also his whois (http://whois.domaintools.com/tan14.com)lookup contact.

Octane
18-07-2010, 01:06 PM
+1 for service.

Takes a couple of days to get a reply sometimes.

His pricing for custom made stuff is great. I bought an SBIG STL-Canon EF adapter from him, including shipping for $50. SoCalAstro in the US were asking $200 (which I paid, but, they were unable to fulfill my order).

H

AdrianF
18-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I am looking for a couple of dew heaters from him at 35$ each for the ED127 cant complain at that price.

Adrian

wasyoungonce
18-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Yep I purchased dew straps for my 127ED (DN006) from him...as well as other straps & stuff. Works a treat. Cost to my door for DN006 was $280HKD.

His straps are pretty much the same as the dew-not versions. I don't know if they are knockoffs...if they are then they are most excellent knockoffs!

AdrianF
19-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Just heard from Peter. Paid for the DN006 at HK$280 air freighted. Pretty good prices. All I need now is a controller.
Hmmmmmmmmm......Homebrew or Texas Instruments freebies........?

Adrian

AdrianF
26-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Received my dew heater from Tan14 today. Wellmmade and looks exactly like the DewNot heaters available in Oz at twice the price.
Now all I need is a controller.

Adrian
Tan gave me a tracking number so I could track the package. I received the package at 9:30 this morning and Auspost still have no record of the package on their tracking site. Whats the point of giving tracking numbers if no one uses them?

Tandum
26-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Google hong kong post and track it there. I think you'll only see ems items on austpost.

taxman
26-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I have bought a few things from Japan in the last couple of months and on one occasion had the misfortune of having had to send something back. On all three occasions, Auspost showed nothing at any stage yet EMS Japan was updated every couple of hours.

So in short, it's because Auspost (like many other Australian institutions) is broken...

AdrianF
26-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Well I am happy with the delivery times from Hong Kong and Tan14. I will most likely buy other gear from Tan14. Hmmmmm filters sound good.

Adrian

Rockah
26-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Auspost can be pretty terrible at tracking. I remember anxiously awaiting my first scope that was getting delivered from perth, and the only tracking notifications were when it arrived at the perth depot, and when it was delivered to me, so it seemed kind of useless. Recently I sent something to Canada, and paid extra to get tracking. The lady at the post office said "err... this number should allow you to track it, but the website might not work so just call this number". Of course, it didn't work so I called the number and the auspost lady on the phone even said the local tracking was useless and she pointed me to the canadian post site (which was fully detailed).

Kinda sucks, but I like my local auspost guy so I shouldn't complain. But it's scary because he knows me by name since I get so many deliveries :S

Back on topic of the original post - I was browsing sites recently and came across tan141.com and laughed and thought it was the most dodgy site I'd ever seen, but it looks to be quite reputable after all!

OzRob
26-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I sent him an email earlier tonight and got a reply within an hour.

Tandum
27-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Might be a time zone thing? I know he's swamped with emails from all us plebs. I asked for a price for stuff last Thursday and got a response on Friday which I paypal'ed straight away. I emailed tonight saying I'd paid and got a tracking number back in a couple of hours which tells me the stuff was posted Saturday. pmrid told me the other week that he just asked a question about the baader laser collimater and got a tracking number and price in the reply :lol: