PDA

View Full Version here: : LXD SN on a EQ6 mount

I.C.D
20-06-2010, 05:53 PM
G'day All
I have just got a EQ6 Mount an I have a Meade SN8 tube ,do I have to get a new dovetail to mount my tube on the EQ6 mount , because the EQ6 mount has twice rejected the tube and both times it has ended up on the floor of my observatory much to some very colourful language .I have been told that the dovetail on the the tube will do can anyone help me if this right ,as I am up for a new focuser as the last time it hit the floor it pull the bolts out of the focuser ***xxx??####
Ian C
:help::help:

TheDecepticon
20-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't think the Meade dove tail is suitable. I had to change mine when I had an SN10. If it doesn't fit, it should be quite obvious, I believe they are that different.
Wow, landed on the ground??:eyepop: Far out!!:eyepop: You did tighten the retainer bolts, didn't you?:question:

I.C.D
20-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh yes the bolts where tighten .What do you suggest or were can I get one from
Ian C
;)

pvelez
20-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Ian

I had my SN 8 inch mounted on the EQ6. I used the dovetail that came with the scope. Its a bit fiddly as you need to be sure its slotted in and tightened. I dropped mine once - onto the grass thankfully. Stuffed the colimation though.

I recently bought the RC8 that comes with a wide plate as well - its so tight and easy to mount I'd never go back to the usual saddle. You'd need a new mounting thingy - head? - for your EQ6. Cost me not too much from Bintel - can't find it on the website though.

Pete