PDA

View Full Version here: : Who said the drive-in was dead

michaellxv
16-04-2010, 09:43 PM
While looking round the web for info on poly tarp I found this.

http://www.creativeshelters.com/Canopy-Kits/Outdoor-Theater-Screen.aspx

leon
16-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Ah, Michael, those were the days, ;) of lousy movies and fogged up windows, :lol: with the speakers hanging on the window.

I saw many a speaker being forgotten and ripped out of the pole as people drove off, :eyepop: did it myself one time as well. ;)

leon :thumbsup:

dannat
16-04-2010, 10:38 PM
actually i have taken my kids to the Coburg drive in on a couple of occasions - it is much cheaper than going to the movies - it costs me 15, the kids are usually free..going to a cinema would cost 60 - & that would be on cheap tuesday..more like 75 on a regualr time. My kids like watching at the drive-in (though they are still young). they are amused the movie sound comes thru the car radio

michaellxv
16-04-2010, 11:05 PM
A couple years ago they charged by the car load 1,2 or 3 movies. Was a good way to take the kids to see a movie or 3. They went back to per person so for 6 of us it wasn't much cheaper any more.

mswhin63
16-04-2010, 11:51 PM
In my days did we go to the drive in to watch movies? I think not! ;)

Why was there so many fogged up windows. Would never tell my kids that anyway. :D

Jen
17-04-2010, 12:32 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Used to go to the Dandy drivings with my good old classic torana every Sat night, but never watched a movie there ;) just went there to check out all the hot guys (oops i mean cars) And arrange who was dragging who at the dandy drags up and down the princess highway afterwards :lol::lol: Had the best time. :thumbsup: there was this yellow charger called mello yellow and OMG this thing was like a rocket :lol:
Oh the good old days :P

marki
17-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Ah the drives...4 in the front 4 in the boot, the smell of bourbon, foggy windows and shaking cars. Never could remember much about the movie but it was all in good fun :).

Mark

Kevnool
18-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I was a projectionist in the younger days here in Broken Hill Village drive inn there was a lot of perks which came with that job but its long since closed down.

The Rectifier.
The carbon arcs.
Splicing the reels together.
The changeovers.
And my 50 dollar conversion from DSE to get FM out to the cars it was really hi tech...lol all it seem to do was to give the people out behind the drive inn sound.
The good days(sunday nights).
Cheers Kev.