PDA

View Full Version here: : Dawn Shoot Great Dividing Range

bloodhound31
16-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Practice practice practice. It's a lot of fun and keeps me fit too. Matt and I set out this morning at 4:30 am and scooted up the mountains, dodging kangaroos, wallabies and rabbits all the way.

Climbing down the goat track into Gibraltar creek from the falls is always fun, especially in the dark.

We were in the creek well before golden hour. When I started, I didn't even have enough light for the aperture at 3.5! I tried painting a waterfall with my torchlight but it just looked horrible so I just waited for the natural light to increase.

I am pretty happy with it so far. The mountain spa and mountain spa panorama are both shot in JPEG and the rest in RAW. It really makes a difference and I don't know why I didn't try RAW sooner.

Baz.

Analog6
16-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Very nice Barry, I know that area well, used to rent a farm nearby. RAW has it over jpeg in every way, and you can easily make a jpeg from a RAW if you want one.

Lumen Miner
16-01-2010, 05:01 PM
You probably didn't try RAW sooner as it is an extra step involved and takes longer to download. I shot JPG for some time purely so I could edit straight away. I now force myself to shoot RAW. JPG is good for beginners as it allows you to shoot and have fun. If you want high quality zoomable results, RAW is definatley the way to go.

Fantastic captures! :)

telemarker
17-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Beautiful colours, Barry. Those are some quality images :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith

bloodhound31
17-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks folks. I must give Humayun some credit, for coaching me in how to capture these effectively.

I have him to thank for the rapid improvement.

Baz.

smileypoorni
18-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Wonderful Pics!
Awesome!