PDA

View Full Version here: : I think I just got permission.....

michaellxv
04-12-2009, 12:36 AM
The statement started 'when you build an observatory...'

Just needed to record this somewhere so I don't forget :P

It was qualified by 'after you have built .....' :shrug:

But it's a start. :lol:

strongmanmike
04-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Good work :thumbsup:

My wife would have no probs..we just can't really see the sky from here :doh:

Mike

renormalised
04-12-2009, 12:42 AM
First steps, sparks. First steps:P:D:D:D

michaellxv
04-12-2009, 12:44 AM
and the funny part is I wasn't even asking at the time.

It does raise the question. Is there any point building one in the middle of suburbia?

mithrandir
04-12-2009, 01:18 AM
You might not be able to see anything difficult, but all least all the gear will be in one place and not cluttering up the house or garage. Put in a pier and you will save all the time it takes to set up and polar align.

Ian Robinson
04-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Ah .... you have to understand femtalk .... what she was really saying was " I am sick and tired of all your telescopes and stuff cluttering up {insert appropriate area of the house : choosing from :
MY house / MY lounge room / MY spare bedroom / MY rumpass room , and make sure you put a lot emphasis on the MY , as everything that you have as a couple is really HER'S)....:D

My wifeosausus has been a lot happier since I moved my more bulky / area filling stuff out of the spare bedroom and out of the family room / lounge dining area .... expecially the GEMS on tripods. They now live in the garage in a securely deadlocked and very strong steel stationary cabinet thats ramseted to concrete garage slab.
She hasn't exactly objected to my plan to build an observatory in the backyard , I've still got camera gear and other astronomy gear cluttering up the cabinet in the lounge room and on the old chest of draws in the spare bedroom that she wants evicted.

But if I dare hint that I want my study , and my big desk back (full of her craft stuff and the desk is aclutter with it too (hardly an inch of free space .... WHAT A BAD IDEA .... :sadeyes:

STRIKE WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE !!! (or she's feeling generous) .... build it now .... if you can.

Ian Robinson
04-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Another old married man who understands the code ....:thumbsup:

picklesrules
04-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Boys Boys boys

Just start building when she comes outside and says what are you doing you point at house and go you decorate they house and have everything your way and ill build my observatory

its faultless

p.s you might also be kicked out to live in your observatory though soo add room for a bed too :P

DavidU
04-12-2009, 09:12 AM
I agree, Us vintage married blokes can de-code Femspeak pronto.:D

lacad01
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Ahh, guys - toughen up and listen to this song about the man of the house!! :lol:
http://www.seanmorey.com/mansong.html

Louwai
04-12-2009, 09:45 AM
That's my dilema. :(
I walk outside, look up & say to myself "what a joke!!!":help:
We live approx 2.5klm from the Brisbane CBD. right behind the RBH.:sadeyes:

My problem is,
I'd be happy to live out a bit & commute to work every day.
BUT
The other half is a City Girl. In other words, if a restaurant (Valley or CBD) is more that $12 in a cab then we are too far away.:shrug:

ATM I have everything jammed into the single car garage with my bike.(her car stays outside)
Maybe if I buy more gear & it overflows into the house I might have an argument towards buying a BIGGER place OUT OF THE CITY:D
When Peter delivers the 20" I might set it up in the lounge.:P

allan gould
04-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Im 4.5Km from CBD of Brisbane so I feel your pain but you can do imaging even with that cretin's light tower swirling his laser show across your field of view coupled with the general light pollution. Peter_4059 and I use DSI IIs to capture some of the brighter objects from home on even moon lit nights, but of course its better from a dark site.
Allan

Ian Robinson
04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
You are definitely learning .... :D

I'd move all the telescopes into the lounge-room (on the pretence that they are more secure in the house than in the garage). That'll do the trick ....:thumbsup:

mithrandir
04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
You don't have to be married to see the writing on the wall. We've both been there before and see no need to repeat the exercise. In fact we've been together longer than either of us was married.

michaellxv
04-12-2009, 09:20 PM
My bedroom. It's currently in its box under the bed :P

I wouldn't. I live 15km out. Just within range for me to ride to work in a reasonable time. :rundog: (there wasn't a bike emoticon :rofl:)

It was there when I first got it. Even I got tired of the clutter ( and the risk of it getting knocked over). Besides, you haven't seen my lounge, it's more of a rumpus room. :family::gamer::driving::bashcomp:

I have the space in the backyard but will have to wait until it bubbles to the top of the astronomy budget. I think i'd rather get a second scope first.

Michael

Jen
05-12-2009, 01:32 AM
:lol::lol::lol: well ya all picked the wrong woman :rofl::rofl:
If my hubby said go for it id have the biggest observatory in Victoria :rofl::rofl:

:question:

Jen
05-12-2009, 01:33 AM
:lol::lol::lol: thats funny :rofl::rofl:

pgc hunter
05-12-2009, 02:00 AM
"when" is the key word in that sentence. That's automatic approval right there.

If the word had been "if", then you'd be in trouble.