PDA

View Full Version here: : Upload / download ratio you get ...

Ian Robinson
23-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm using Vuze , I've set my max upload rate at 5kB/s and my system's upload/download ratio is 25%. I'm now experimenting with a limit on uploads of 1kB/s.

I'm pretty stingie and would rather reduce the amount of uploads to a lot less than that , BigPond counts uploads as downloads (adds them to the download total) ....

What are you other guys using (other than Vuze) and how you have limited the upload rate ?

supernova1965
23-11-2009, 04:46 PM
I am fairly sure that the more upload speed you allow the more preferential is your rating for download speed I think:shrug:

toryglen-boy
23-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I assume you mean torrents etc?

TBH mate, if so, your being beyond mean. 1kbs a sec? your as well not even sharing at all ...

i have an 8mb line, with 8000/430 (i know 430kbs is ridiculous) i set my upload to about 30kbs, and that leaves me about 12K up, to carry traffic when browsing, if i am away overnight then i set it to unlimited.

I know Telstra count upload as usage, more fool you for staying with them, seems to me there is one for you fella

"leech"

;)

toryglen-boy
23-11-2009, 04:53 PM
correct.

usually, the faster you upload the more your IP address is priorotised for traffic

:)

Ian Robinson
23-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeh I'd heard something like that , ie the higher yoor upload rate the faster the download rate with torrents....

Bigpond are on borrowed time in this household , only signed up with them because they were at the time the best of a bad bunch of ADSL providers available from my exchange .... and all of them only offered bundles and I didn't want to stuff about with a new landline phone provider .... My contract ends in March.

This is no longer case .... I can now get ADSL2+ ONLY and with a much better download limit (100GB/mth , free but shaped if more is used) and a fair bit cheaper than the BigPond ADSL plan I'm on now which I am very dissatified with.