PDA

View Full Version here: : Warm enough for ya ?

Ian Robinson
16-11-2009, 04:08 PM
About 36oC here at 3pm.

Trouble with our big Fujitsu 2.4kW split aircon is it's a bit big for out lounge, dining and kitchen areas and it's gets pretty cold (even at low fan speed and set to 24oC) .... my fingers are freezing while I'm typing this and I'm gettung goosebumps.... time to go back outside for a thaw out.

Been outside to thaw out a few times, glass of icey cold coke with icecubes in hand (and to enjoy my shady gum tree from the from patio) , is pretty warm outside , but least it's not terribly humid , so it's actually quite pleasant out of the direct sun.

Will be a blessing tonight , if the forcast storms show up and it gets muggy., was nice last night to sleep with just a sheet over us and the back door open to allow any breeze through.
Nearly time to send the blankets and doona fill to the drycleaners for their annual clean and freshup.

Putting off going to the shops and a couple ofter errands til later this avo .....

renormalised
16-11-2009, 04:15 PM
That's about a normal day up here during the middle of summer:D:D

Ian Robinson
16-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I know .... you lucky bloke .... I'd love to live permanently somewhere coastal north of Rocky (on the east or west coasts).
How's the fishing in the creeks and rivers near you been lately .... ?

sheeny
16-11-2009, 04:26 PM
We peaked at 30.7°C at 14:20 today. That's pretty hot for Oberon :).

It make a nice change after winter:thumbsup:.

Al.

BerrieK
16-11-2009, 04:41 PM
It was 36 degrees on our back verandah an hour ago! Not too bad.

But I feel for my Dad and the other RFS folks out in the heat and wind today....our local guys (at least 20 crews out there ) are containing a 72ha fire to the south. Dad is 69 years old and I must confess I am a little worried about him :sadeyes:!

So the 36 deg. on the verandah is very do-able. Ther ares no flames or smoke there.

Kerrie :)

renormalised
16-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Haven't been fishing in ages...need to wet some lines soon otherwise I'll forget how to!!!!:P:D

I'd rather the winter up here....can't stand the heat even though I've lived here for 35 years. The hot weather can be very repressive and it drains all the life out of you. Winter though, is the best...best fishing too. The mackerel run at that time of year and so do the tuna. Kingies and trevally are around all the time, same with the jews and red bream/mangrove jacks.

JethroB76
16-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Currently sweltering in 14C temps at the moment..

Jen
16-11-2009, 04:46 PM
:D Im sooo glad i work under an air con its been in the 40's here for a few days in a row now, but today was a little cooler :sunny::sunny:
Been a bit too hazy for star gazing though :doh:
I love the warm weather :thumbsup:

AdrianF
16-11-2009, 04:47 PM
38C here outside.
I called it quits with my engineering students when the temp got to 45C in the workshop.

Adrian

michaellxv
16-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Here in Adelaide we just finished a week of 35+ up to 40 on a couple of days. Back to 41 for Wed Thurs. Then showers for the weekend :cloudy:

multiweb
16-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Went up to 37c under the veranda this arvo in Hoxton Park. They had a fire down the road in the park land on the other side of the M7. Supposed to cool down tonight around 11:00pm but we're headed for a hot one in a couple of days this week I reckon.

TheDecepticon
16-11-2009, 06:22 PM
It was near 40 all last week(very near). It was 41 on Sunday. At my home town where my parents are it has been 44.:eyepop: Can't wait for it to get hotter!:P:D:screwy:

Allan_L
16-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Hopefully its cooler by now!
I have delayed leaving work for 2 hours now, and I have to drive past your place on the way home, Ian.

Double Bonus, staying cool while I browse and boss is impressed.
Shame we dont get paid for overtime.;)

matt
16-11-2009, 06:27 PM
It's going to be foul here, all week.

I have to say...I'm not a big fan of hot weather. Even less of hot and humid conditions.

I start to get uncomfortable once it gets past 27/28 degrees. I prefer the low to mid 20s...

But what can you do....

Davekyn
16-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I feel like throwing up it's so HOT...eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr My air con can't cope with it!

DavidU
16-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I remember here in Melb on black Saturday afternoon my car external thermometer (quite accurate) said it was 48C on the drive home.:eyepop:
That was a very strange day.

Bobbyoutback
16-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Nice 44c in the shade here today , my veggie garden is stuffed :(

Bobby.

Ian Robinson
16-11-2009, 07:13 PM
A storm flashed past at about 5pm , a bit of thunder and a short shower of rain, no wind or cool change , changed from hot and sunny but not too bad outside , to very warm and stll and very muggy.

Cooler tomorrow and then we can expect the rest of the week like today or hotter. Looking like a hot simmer .

seanliddelow
16-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Perth gets to boiling point in the Summer:rofl:

mithrandir
16-11-2009, 07:17 PM
It was 36.7 in Castle Hill on the verandah. Down to 30.1 now (7:15pm).

At least the aircon in the office was working today. The last two hot days it wasn't.

Davekyn
16-11-2009, 08:39 PM
No Good Bobby...are the plants looking anybetter this evening?

xstream
16-11-2009, 09:03 PM
:lol: Well we peaked at 41 here in Charleville today, will be in Bourke tomorrow they're predicting 43 there but I reckon 45 will be closer to the mark.
Summer hasn't even started yet, bring it on! :rofl:

36°, that would be freezer material at the moment. :P

jjjnettie
16-11-2009, 09:05 PM
40 degrees inside the house today.
And tomorrow is going to be warmer still.
I'm about to go out and water my veges so they'll revive overnight.
I grow them all in broccoli boxes, and they seemed to have coped fairly well today. Might move the whole lot under a tree tomorrow.

DavidU
16-11-2009, 09:08 PM
A balmy 12C here.:D

BUT,,,,,,,,,, cloudy

Jazza11
16-11-2009, 09:25 PM
It got to about 40 or so here and coming from Melbourne to Brisbane you never really get used to the heat its not really the temps just the dam humidity i almost passed out on the way home

Bobbyoutback
16-11-2009, 09:28 PM
The grape vines & fruit trees are fine but the veggies can't handle the heat even when keeping up the water .
Every year I grow tomato's until the big heat stews them , this year that heat came to early .

Ouch Bobby ..

AstralTraveller
17-11-2009, 08:52 AM
My brain goes to mush when it's too hot. I can do general things but I find concentrating on work matters very difficult. Wish my office was on the south side of the building. Those days there is an up side to being stuck in the lab - 20C all year in there (for the benefit of the instruments not the users). Days like yesterday when I was in and out of the air-con every few minutes can be difficult. You never really adjust to one or the other.

AdrianF
17-11-2009, 12:54 PM
41 today We had a bit of a storm last night rain thunder and a cooling wind. Then it stopped and was hot again. At home at the moment and have 3 of the 5 aircons going and still sweltering. Have to back to work shortly teaching welding this afternoon. Yay

Adrian

Ian Robinson
17-11-2009, 01:05 PM
What a difference today .... the change came through about 2am (hit with a vengence windwize) , had the aircon going until then - was very muggy and still outside.

Only about 24oC and overcast with southerly breeze today. If it wasn't to windy , I'd go fishing.

bmitchell82
17-11-2009, 01:13 PM
as i will say. :) ya all soft! :) im from good old darwin towne people get their parker jackets out when it hits 18 degrees.! and a really plesent day is 28-30 deg and for most of the year its 35 deg> and 80- 90% humidity! Day Night what ever nothing for cooling down once the sun dissapears. :) and for the people who know me :) they think im mad as i don't feel hot or cold :) recently on a dark sky trip it was 6 degrees and i was wearing thongs wife beater stubbies and a shirt :) ahhhhh refreshing!

jjjnettie
17-11-2009, 01:20 PM
LOL I hear ya Brendan.
When I was living in Cairns I'd wear jeans all year round. People thought I was crazy. I didn't feel the heat........ Back then.

Now I'm considerably older (dammit) it seems my internal thermostat has gone bung and now I don't do the heat very well at all.
I'm like the wicked witch of the west, "Help me I'm meltingggggg".

Allan_L
17-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Well I reckon it sounds like a good time to get out on the water.
Hey!
What a co-incidence.
Theres a great canoe for sale in the classifieds forum :whistle:

wavelandscott
17-11-2009, 01:33 PM
It all sounds pretty good to me...in celsius high today 11...low tonight 1...tomorrow the forecast is for it to be a little chillier...

Winter in the Northern Hemisphere...gotta love it!

jjjnettie
17-11-2009, 01:37 PM
At least you can always put another jumper on when it's cold.

toryglen-boy
17-11-2009, 01:43 PM
coming from Scotland, i do find the temprature here can get a little oppresive for me at times, as lovely as it is. The aircon is on full belt, and i am still sweating like a January Bride,

Its horses for courses though, Australia is in parts a semi-tropical country, and some 20 degrees closer to the equator than where i am from, what did i expect?

although i laugh when i hear people here talk about the "cold Canberra winter" i have yet to experience a really cold day here, and some people wouldnt know what cold was if it punched them on the nose!

i wouldnt swap it for anything though

:lol:

Terry B
17-11-2009, 01:45 PM
31deg here currently at ~20% humidity.Thats pretty hot when you live at 1100m altitude.
The storms have started to brew though.
My wife has gone to Moree for the day and they will be at least 10deg hotter than here. Be thankful for car aircon.

toryglen-boy
17-11-2009, 01:45 PM
exactly.

experience tells me, its easier to warm up, than cool down

:)

toryglen-boy
17-11-2009, 01:46 PM
i pointed out that my car has no air con when i bought it, as i was paying cash money hoping to get a discount.

i was then informed it has no aircon, as it has no roof.

:lol:

AdrianF
17-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Unofficially 42 here this afternoon. Now thunder, lightening rain and a little hail and the wind is blowing from the south, was from the north an hour ago. Much better.

Adrian

AstralTraveller
17-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I knew a kiwi from the south island and he said the first summer in oz nearly killed him; at times he thought he would pass out. And the Gong isn't that hot, but it can be a bit muggy. On the other hand I was in Kununurra for a while and one of the locals wouldn't go swimming until it hit 40C.

I've been in Canberra when it was <0C and it still didn't feel too bad. I think it is because it was cold and dry. A friend lived for a while in Canada and then in England. She said that, even though Canada got colder, it felt colder in England because it is a damp cold.

Not only is Oz closer to equator it is also larger and so the inland is less moderated by the ocean and so experiences greater extremes. In winter Alice can be 25+ during the day but -6 to -8 overnight. We never get such a range near the coast.

[1ponders]
17-11-2009, 05:36 PM
43 in the nursery shadehouse @ 2:30 today. & 85% RH :sad: