PDA

View Full Version here: : I am dam lucky.

xelasnave
14-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I never bet even on the Melbourne cup ..but this year I did... I thought "shocking" and "crime seen":D had a nice ring so I placed $20 for a place on each thru a mate;) he made a mistake and placed a win bet for me on "shocking" and a place bet on crime seen... so near $500 better off I thought I had found a new career... yesterday he gave me another tip which I backed for a place..it ran third and the cash let me party until well after everything had closed... so three bets three returns...and 3 out of 3 seems very lucky.
Years ago when partying with Tui ( a full on gambler ) I had him place a trifecta bet for me...the first and the only one I ever have placed ... I picked the numbers representing a major chord..1..3 and 5... no "boxing" I think they call it..guess what it came in... he said it can take years before you get one..
Went in a chook raffle years ago bought one ticket in each of the 2 raffles and won both... I am now worried that if I buy a lottery ticket I will end up with enough cash to never stop partying ... so again lucky enough not to fall for that one:lol::lol::lol:
alex:):):)

Waxing_Gibbous
14-11-2009, 10:07 AM
You'd best send your winnings to me so I can invest them for you.
Helvetia Savings & Loan
13 Uberstrandestrasse
Bern
Switzerland
Acct No. 40441234
Our motto: "Your Money - We Hide With Pride"!

Robh
14-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Alex,

It seems luck has come your way on several occasions.
For many, luck is like a gold nugget in the field. Not only is it hard to find but one can spend an inordinate amount of time, effort and money looking for it!
Invest wisely. :D

Regards, Rob.

jjjnettie
14-11-2009, 03:52 PM
:rofl:
I play the pokies about twice a year, spending about $20 each time.
More often than not I'll win enough to pay for dinner and drinks.

Baddad
14-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Alex, :)
Good to hear that you have had luck. I have enjoyed similar winnings. Then got greedy and spent a little more than I liked.

I now only have the odd fling and if I lose its not much. When I win, wow. It is enough to shop for new toys.;)

Enjoy your winnings they are few and far between.:D
I do like to hear about them Alex.:thumbsup:

Cheers Marty

xelasnave
14-11-2009, 09:40 PM
another win today:thumbsup:... a nice picnic at the river with my x and my daughter so I am ahead one meal today already... er there are no winnings left to invest by the way and apparently I really enjoyed myself so everyone said;)
I am trying to get a weekly poker game going at the Drake Pub and given my love of math I reckon I could go OK...anyways I have decided to become a full time pool shark and gambler to make my living as I sail up and down the coast... maybe:D
alex:):):)

Ric
15-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Well done with your win Alex, as Monty Python would say "you lucky lucky beggar"

I think the horse I backed in the cup just passed the post the other day. LOL

Cheers

GrahamL
15-11-2009, 06:18 PM
great win Alex , a friend of my sons landed a trifecta on the cup times
a few dollars, ( it was a lot of money ) as far as I can gather ,as they partied on for days .

Pool shark eh ? .. tried that years ago , it keeps you in the bar way to long I found , wouldn't you rather be sailing ?

AstralTraveller
16-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Alex,

I read your news with mixed emotions. Naturally I'm glad about your wins but I've seen the other side of gambling. I've seen old people working too hard to pay off someone else's debt to SP bookies and I've seen a house and marriage go through the pokies. Enjoy yourself but don't get into the gambling habit.

PCH
16-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Hmmm ...

I read your posts with interest Alex, but on this occasion, pleased though I am for your win, I'm not convinced the Kama will keep following you if you just p-ss the winnings up against the wall. I think the universe has better causes - sorry to be a pooper :)

matt
16-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Alex...

I won't bother to offer up words of wisdom or advice about the evils of gambling or to what use you should put your fortunate gain toward...

You'd be as aware of the fickle turns of fate and fortune as anyone here.

I'll just say "wooooohooooooooooo........!!!!" and enjoy, matey!!:D

Jen
16-11-2009, 04:53 PM
:eyepop: go get that dam lottery ticket Alex i will help you spend it :lol::lol: