PDA

View Full Version here: : Setup ready to go.....yeah right

AdrianF
09-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I finally got round to installing all of the astro software on my new laptop including all the ascom drivers got the laptop talking to the usbst4 interface the interface talking to the EQ6 the DSI focusing on the Orion 80 the DSI talking to PHD all set to go and then.......... The rain comes down!!!!

Other problem I have is I can't get k3ccd to work I can get the splash screen to come up but then nothing. This is the registered paid for program have sent an email to Peter but no answer as yet, anyone else had the splash screen problem?

Adrian

jjjnettie
09-11-2009, 10:09 PM
just download the freebie for now, at least you'll be able to align.
My problem with k3 atm is that it keeps freezing and i have to close and reopen the program.

AdrianF
09-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Problem is the free version won't recognise the DSI but I suppose I could use the webcam for awhile.

Adrian

sheeny
09-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Hmmm... I have heard of the problem... can;t remember the fix though.

Have you had a look on the K3 user group list?

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/K3CCDTools

Al.

jjjnettie
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I use the LPI with K3, you'd think it would recognise it's big brother.

AdrianF
11-11-2009, 08:07 PM
All the problems have been solved. I sent an email to Peter (K3CCD) and he sent me the new registration codes, very generous of him.
The evening is wonderful no clouds a gentle breeze blowing so I have set up the scope to photograph the Orion Neb tonight, all my batteries are charged the camera is empty I hope the scope is aligned I spent an hour with a level and compass I will check it later.................and then the bowls club opposite my place turned all of their spotlights on AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Adrian