PDA

View Full Version here: : Mika's back!

dpastern
27-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Whether you hate him or love him, or want to bash him cos of his sexuality, he's back! Video for his first single off the new album "we are golden" can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Gh1U14RZA

weird, but typically Mika and immensely funny to watch. One can see references to Michael Jackson throughout the video.

I bought the new album yesterday, the single above is the only one like his first album, the rest is slower and more mature. Not what I expected, but the album is growing on me.

I think he's great for the music industry - he's fun, he's bold, his music is original and uplifting imho, and his videos are simply awesome spectacles for the eyes. He seems a genuine down to Earth guy who simply is having fun doing what he loves best to do - sing and perform. Good luck to him.

Dave

PS I've never been one to follow the "mainstream" artists - most of them are horrid and have no real talent imho. I prefer lesser known artists with *real* talent.

Astro78
27-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Most uncool sport.

I happen to be straight (irrelevant) but suggest you retract this pronto.

That aside, one funny clip.

dpastern
27-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I suggest you go and do a bit of a search on facebook (see how many anti Mika groups there are), or on youtube - check out some of the comments. I stand by my original words - he is regularly bashed because of his sexuality. What *should* matter is his musical talent, not his sexuality.

Dave

Astro78
27-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Perhaps the context was missed with me. Must admit to not being familiar with the fellow, or any jokes associated with him.

I read yesterday (as did alot of Sydney) of a young man found bashed to death in Centenial Park because of his sexuality over the weekend. That in light, you might see why I made my comment and request?

dpastern
27-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I can indeed. Like you, and most of the male population, I'm straight. That said, I have gay friends, and I'm particularly protective of their rights, which are so often abused by society. I had not heard of the bashing in question, and it's definitely not cool. I hope the people responsible not only get charged with murder, but also hate crimes.

Mika is a fantastic artisté, who unfortunately has been labelled and bashed continously because of his sexuality, something which really ires me. I couldn't care less about his sexuality, but I do care about his rights, and I find it sad that people will bash his music only because of his sexuality, and not because of the actual musical quality.

If you get the chance, get both of his live DVDs - he's a wonderful performer and I can't wait to see him live when he tours in Australia. His music isn't to everyone's taste, granted. Check out his other videos from his first album on youtube - they're all artistically very cool imho, and a great deal of fun.

Dave

Astro78
27-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Well Dave I was wrong for assuming your comments out of context. I apologise.

dpastern
28-09-2009, 12:04 AM
It's OK, it's easy to get things out of context on the Internet. All is good. Anyways, hopefully a few more forum members become fans of Mika's awesome music!

Dave