PDA

View Full Version here: : Newscopium Precipitation

DavidU
17-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I have been trying to figure out a name for the effect of greatly increased rainfall & cloud cover when ever new equipment is bought.
Newscopium Precipitation?
Any IIS ideas for the formal name of the phenomenon?:lol:

Then we get it listed on Wiki ?

BerrieK
17-07-2009, 11:25 PM
What about AIPANP - Avid Impetuous Pristinus Apparatus Nocturnal Precipitation?? (otherwise known as bloomin' annoying nighttime conditions)

Kerrie

jjjnettie
18-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Got my new scope today, and tonight wasn't too bad at all. Looks like a fine weekend ahead too.
BUT.......
(nettie waits for the other shoe to drop)

DavidU
18-07-2009, 12:10 AM
You are playing with fire:lol:
Whats the new scope?

jjjnettie
18-07-2009, 07:41 AM
It's a shiny new 8" Black Diamond. I've called her "Macy" after Mae C Jemison. See my signature for a link about this amazing woman.

AstralTraveller
18-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Another scope with a great name! Your next scope should be something graceful so you can call it 'The Swan' after Henrietta Swan Leavitt. And, of course, you should use it to study variable stars.

I first heard about her from my astro club's former secretary who wrote an article called 'Miss Leavitt Studies the Stars OR The Secretary is a Woman and Wants You to Know That Not All Astronomers Are Men'. That was about 25 years ago, so she certainly made an impression.

Jules76
18-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Tell us how it all goes. I'm looking to get the exact same scope in the next couple of weeks so I'm interested in how well it performs. :thumbsup: