PDA

View Full Version here: : Serenity Falls - Buderim

matt
14-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi all.

Am spending the next few days on the Sunshine Coast.

Took the 40D with me. Alas, not the tripod.

Thought I'd hunt down some nice waterfalls to practice on, ahead of my trip to NZ later this year.

We went to Buderim today where there's a really nice falls, with plenty of flow after recent rain. I ventured down under a shelf to get this angle.

Sadly, the shot suffers somewhat from being hand-held for approx 1 sec exp.

Lesson learned:whistle:

Dennis
14-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi Matt

A lovely photo none the less; the longer exposure has turned the waterfall into nice, wispy streamers that invoke a feeling of serenity. Seems like you really got into the heart of the falls – were they slippery underfoot!

All you need now is a Carbon Fibre tripod – they really are lightweight and very versatile!

Cheers

Dennis

matt
14-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Dennis...and thanks for the encouragement.

I actually have a nice Saxon tripod. Just forgot to take it.

Although, it's a little on the heavy side. I've been eyeing a little Manfrotto carbon fibre. Weighs in at just under one kilo and I think will make a terrific grab n' go.

And yeah....the rocks were a little slimey. I was nervous I'd slip and fall with all my kit. Luckily...nothing bad happened.

I think we may take a drive up to Kondalilla tomorrow.

Cheers.

Tilt
14-03-2009, 08:14 PM
That's a great looking shot Matt, which lens were you using for this shot?

Michael

Kevnool
14-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Great shot matt.
Its really good to see greenery.
Cheers Kev.

matt
14-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Michael. I used a 17-40mm L series lens. I also used a circular polarising filter to allow for the longer exposure.

Cheers

Sure is, Kev. It's quite lush up here at the moment. We've had good rains for quite a few months. It's the reason I'm doing more terrestrial than astro these days:rolleyes:

Liz
15-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Great shot Matt, the water looks beautiful :)

Tilt
15-03-2009, 10:36 AM
L glass, can make you weak at the knees, and vaporise your bank account :lol:

I'd love to switch my 17-85 for something like the 17-40L

Michael

jjjnettie
15-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Beautiful Matt.