PDA

View Full Version here: : Yes - Another Horse

dcalleja
22-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi all,
I've not been out imaging for some time and while there are some really excellent images of the horsie here, I can at least plead that this is my first attempt at this object - so here goes:

Orion ED 80 @ f7.5
Orion Starshoot Pro
5x500sec RAW
Processed in CCDSTACK with darks and flats
Some noise reduction and cleanup for some very recalcitrant dust motes
Reduced to 33% of original scale

Let me know what you think

xelasnave
22-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I think you did well Dan I would be a very happy fella if I were you.
alex

dcalleja
22-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks Alex. I wish I could see the thing visually but I believe its very very elusive.

PCH
22-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not an imager, but I always enjoy looking at images of this region. It would be one of my favourites, and this image is very nicely captured. I love the detail in the flame as well as the horses head.

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

multiweb
22-12-2008, 08:02 PM
That's a very nice image. Did you have problems getting rid of dust motes? Flat fielding in CCD Stack should get rid of every single one of them. Did you use any kind of field flatener with your ED80. Your stars at the edge of the frames are still looking pretty good. :thumbsup:

Hagar
22-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Very Nice image for a first stab at it Dan. I tend to like your colour better than most that have been posted lately with the flame nebula a lot more natural than most which have the flame as red as the area behind the HH.

Well done.

dcalleja
23-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys
Marc - there was one particular spot that just refused to go completely and no - no field flatener used on this one