PDA

View Full Version here: : HorseHead from Glebe

Zuts
17-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi,

Well nearly a full moon and within sight of Sydney CBD but it's been 6 months since I took a photo so thought I'd give it a go. Really need to get some dark sky imaging in.

12 by 300 sec lights, 5 darks, flats
TV85, 0.8 reducer, SBIG 2000 XCM Self Guided
Combined in Maxim, Processed in CS2, Noiseworks
Cropped and 50% compressed to fit size limits

Any comments welcome

Cheers
Paul

norm
17-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Great shot Paul - considering your in Glebe !!!:):D

NewToStars
17-12-2008, 10:01 PM
image looks great.... prob a dumb question, but is that what they call the flame nubela to the right of the horsehead..

alan meehan
17-12-2008, 10:11 PM
paul lovely shot of horse,did they turn the light s off down your way jase the flame is to left

NewToStars
17-12-2008, 10:13 PM
eeer. i meant left. lol.

spearo
17-12-2008, 11:15 PM
nice, and at full moo too!
well done
frank

Hagar
17-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Nice image Paul.. Some more and longer exposures without the blessed moon and you will nail it good and proper.

jase
17-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Great work Paul. Haven't seen much of your work of late. Good to see you at it again. Pleasing image considering the environmental conditions are against you. Well done.

multiweb
18-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Very nice shot under the moon. Gr :thumbsup:eat colors. Well done.

theodog
18-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Great image Paul.
Given that, you really do have to get out of that city. The 'bush' is not that bad now, we have TV and telephones. But best of all, dark skies. Can't do anything about the moon 'though, but that doesn't seem to be a problem at all for you.
Well done.

Omaroo
18-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Really good image Paul - Glebe or no Glebe! Maybe you should talk to that telescope shop down the road and get them to test new stuff at your place.... :lol:

madwayne
18-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Good stuff Paul and so nice to see you are well enough to drag the gear back out and imaging.

Regards
Wayne

Zuts
18-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks Wayne, yes it wasnt just the gear that needed the cobwebs shaken out. I will be away for the next few weeks and will look at getting into some more imaging after that :).

Sure Chris, every time I go in I ask if the GSO RC's have arrived and joke that I would be a good tester :)

Thanks Jeff. I may head off to Gundagai again. That usually has nice cloudless weather and the sky is very dark :).

Hi Marc. Colours are OK, but the difference between dark sky and city sky plus moon is amazing. The SBIG is a good performer and seems to handle the moon and light pollution far better than my EOS 400D but the jump up in quality in better conditions is worth the drive from Sydney to find them :)

Hi Jase,

Yes, unfortunately I have been very sick with heart attacks and open heart surgery. I am much much better now :). The result was a bit dissapointing but if i dont take any opportunity I will forget how to control all my gear.

Thanks Doug. In the city I can go at least 6 minutes under LP and moon but ideally out in the bush I go for 10 minute subs. Last night my polar alignment wasnt that good. Tracking was generally sub pixel, but near the zenith it spiked at 1.5 occasionally, so I decided to keep it at 3 minutes :)

Thanks Frank

Thanks Alan. This is one of my favourite targets. I want at least 3 hours at it one night with Ha, then I can mix in some of my existing colour.

Thanks Norm, the SBIG is a good performer under LP conditions.

Thanks for looking :)

Cheers
Paul