PDA

View Full Version here: : Lobster Nebula (NGC 6357) in Scorpius

Martin Pugh
12-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone.

Is it wet or what?!

here is some more narrowband data taken with my FS128 shortly before I sold it (Russ Cockman is currently producing some nice stuff with this scope now). I used a dedicated f6 reducer/flattener, but off-axis aberrations were still very apparent with the STL, so I cropped those areas out.

20 hours worth of SII, Ha, and OIII data in the SHO palette, and I am now going to try the bi-colour approach to see what that yields.

thanks for looking as usual...and lets hope this weather blows through before the next dark cycle (my last in Australia!).

http://www.martinpughastrophotography.id.a u/images/NGC6357-Narrowband.jpg
cheers
Martin

Bassnut
12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Martin, OH god, thats obscene (in a nice way), truely awesome :thumbsup:

Thank Christ your going to bugger off and give us plebs way less competition :D

dugnsuz
12-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Amazing image Martin.
Are you leaving us!?
Where to next?? Somewhere with even darker skies I hope!
All the best
Doug

multiweb
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Never seen this object before. Very unusual shape and colors. Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Martin Pugh
12-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks Gents.

Yes Doug...off to the US with work for 3 years, shipping out in Jan.

I am of course taking my kit with me, and hope to leave it on a mountain somewhere when I come back.....and when I do, I hope to return with another RC/PME but, as my wife says, 'are you hallucinating again?" ...this stuff's v.expensive as you well know.

cheers
Martin

glenc
13-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Wow! :thumbsup: but it's back2front

Garyh
13-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Beautiful image Martin! sort of looses it Lobster look in narrowband but has that lovely 3D look look to it!
Very nice! :thumbsup:
You shall have fun in the Northern hemisphere doing deepsky stuff! Don`t forget to post down under! ;)

starfinder
13-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Another beautiful image, Martin. Lovely detail - well done. The hours spent collecting the data and then processing have really paid off. And thanks for the compliment regarding results from your much loved FS128 - it's a beautiful OTA with some of your magic still lurking within the glass! Sorry to see you depart these shores and very best of luck with your endeavours overseas. Looking forward to enjoying your future astrophotos. Russ

Alchemy
14-12-2008, 08:04 AM
very nice result, shows that multi hour exposures bring up the results.
hope your sojourn in the states is an enjoyable one.

clive.

jase
14-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow, very nice Martin. What an exotic narrowband target. Wouldn't have throught it would come out so well due to the pronouced interstellar dust of the region. Quite remarkable. Thanks for sharing.

leon
14-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Splendid effort Martin, :eyepop: such detail and fine colours, well done indeed.

Leon :thumbsup:

Smirnoff
14-12-2008, 10:16 PM
What a beauty! :eek:

Martin Pugh
15-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks very much gentlemen and sorry for the tardy reply....been busy packing up the house, and it was a good weekend for it....had 56mm of rain on Friday and more on Saturday.

Great to see you having such fun with my old FS128 Russ...take care of it.

thanks again

clear skies
Martin

Ric
16-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Fantastic image Martin. very stunning indeed.

Cheers

h0ughy
16-12-2008, 12:36 PM
awesome stuff - when did you get the images, because i dont think we have seen a completely clear day for a very long time. Fantastic result.