View Full Version here: : Albireo

Emanuele
19-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi all,

here's Albireo with its great colors!

Telescope: Takahashi CN212 @ 2630 mm
Mount: EM200
Camera: Canon 40D @ ISO800

20 Seconds x 6 exposures, stacked in Nebulosity. No darks or Flats.
Full resolution at:
http://www.backyardskies.com/BackyardSkies/Albireo.html

Preview (low res):

erick
19-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, a very pretty double, thanks Emanuele :thanks:

rogerg
19-11-2008, 04:01 PM
nice star colour! :thumbsup:

iceman
19-11-2008, 04:25 PM
I like it, lovely presentation.

Miaplacidus
19-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Auw, now that's nice. (How come the background stars don't have the diffraction spikes?)
Cheers,
Brian.

AlexN
19-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Some of them have very fine diffraction spikes.

This is due to their given brightness.. Look at most images using newtonians, Unless the exposure was particularly long, dimmer stars rarely have diffraction spikes, only the brighter stars..

As seen in this image... the brighter ones have spikes, but as they get dimmer, the diffraction spikes shrink.

Octane
19-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Emanuele,

Very pretty.

That framing style does look awfully familiar, though. :P

Did you, by any chance, happen to message me on CloudyNights a long time ago to ask if you could use my framing technique? If so, sure thing! :P

Regards,
Humayun

Miaplacidus
20-11-2008, 05:52 AM
You mean these things are proprietary? Well, I never....
But then again, why not? Where do you register this stuff? Where does "imitation" shade into "genre", and who decides?
Or there again, are we talking mainly about courtesy? (I know that on some of the lampwork glass bead forums and some of the quilting forums some people get all hot and bothered about divulging someone's secret technique — as if you couldn't figure it out just by looking. And of course, none of it is copywritten.)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose.
Placid waters all.
(I'm no aesthete, but that picture sure does look pretty.)

Octane
20-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Brian,

In my case, no, not at all, and never will be. Although, if it was someone else, they could make it proprietary if they wanted to go that far!

You register this stuff with the organisation (http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au) I work for! Designs can be registered without examination, unless it is blatantly obvious. It's only examined when someone contends it.

I agree with you, as if anyone couldn't work it out just by looking: there's nothing secretive about it. :) I just recall someone with a very similar name messaging me a very long time ago on CloudyNights asking for my permission to use the same framing style and text placement because they said they liked it. I forgot to reply to them and never heard from them again.

I apologise for using the term "technique"; it should, perhaps have read "style".

Regards,
Humayun

Ric
20-11-2008, 12:22 PM
What a lovely double, nice and sharp with great colours.

Very enjoyable.

atalas
22-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Beautiful !

Emanuele
24-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Thank you All! :)

Octane: I "think" it was me that sent you that message, but I honestly do not remember! The frame were made for me by a friend of mine that hangs out on CN, couple of months ago!
Do you mind if I use it?

Octane
25-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Emanuele,

of course, mate, go right ahead! :)

Regards,
Humayun